Thread: Projects disappearing

Gold Member

Projects disappearing

I was running 3 projects last night when I last looked at the computer. GPU Grid was one of them. I came down to the computer and lo and behold GPUGrid was no longer listed in my projects list nor was it running on Boinc Manager. It just seems to hve gone AWOL. I had this happen to another computer earlier this week as well but it was Citizens Science that went missing. Anyone got ideas?

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

Re: Projects disappearing

Just saw this.

Message boards : Server and website : Can link account with GBOINCstas BAM! project manager

I've been able to link my other projects there but for some reason it can't link to my User ID # and weak auth account key.

Any pointers or anyone else have this problem?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    I was running 3 projects last night when I last looked at the computer. GPU Grid was one of them. I came down to the computer and lo and behold GPUGrid was no longer listed in my projects list nor was it running on Boinc Manager. It just seems to hve gone AWOL. I had this happen to another computer earlier this week as well but it was Citizens Science that went missing. Anyone got ideas?
    Gpu Grid is running, have 1 running now. What I think is happening, is a project goes down for maintenance or backups, they take the whole system offline, so not found, when one tries to connect during "Down time". Ive have that happen to alot of projects!

I guess their are a few project admins, that dont realize their is a "Maintenance Mode" in the Boinc server side of their project. They just have to start it up, instead of taking the whole friggin system down.

Gold Member

Well they are all running now. Let's hope they stay up.

Platinum Member

I doubt it has anything to do with projects going down or into maintenance mode at all. But do you control your hosts using BAM!? I think Willy has been having problems lately and that may have affected it. Also, is there a chance that you have multiple instances of BOINC installed and running on your host? Maybe you see different projects depending on which instance the Manager connects to.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with projects going down or into maintenance mode at all. But do you control your hosts using BAM!? I think Willy has been having problems lately and that may have affected it. Also, is there a chance that you have multiple instances of BOINC installed and running on your host? Maybe you see different projects depending on which instance the Manager connects to.
    I don't use BAM and I don't have multiple instances of Boinc. It was funny because I had to use tools to reconnect to GPUGrid. It was just gone but all the other projects were there. Goblins and ghosts must be running around even though it's not Halloween!