Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nvidia Drivers Beware!

Silver Member

Re: Nvidia Drivers Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    WoW, that sucks. AMD must me rofltao....
    The latest ati driver sucks too.. just tried it...
    The programmers must be having brain farts!

Went back to 15-7

Platinum Member

Avoid 364.72 as well. More issues surfacing with this driver.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Avoid 364.72 as well. More issues surfacing with this driver.
    You should have spoken up before I installed a 460gtx in Bipolar a few hours ago. Got the luck of the draw I guess. So far, no issues to report even OC'd to 725MHz core and 1800MHz memory.

Silver Member

Scratch that about the newest drivers. I've had TWO systems upchuck in the last day or so. One finally just tossed the driver and refused to see the card in....um.....an app I'm running. The other one is red lining at stock clock. Replaced the replacement fan and re-did the thermal paste. Didn't do any good what so ever. I'm waiting for the third system to come unglued now. The fan already has two broken blades so I know it's coming. I'll probably do it here in a few minutes since both the first two developed problems within the same run time frame. The third has another 3 days to hit the 'I'm fucked' wall. If anyone needs the drivers from Dec that are perfectly good, let me know.

EDIT -- The one that was red lining......how can have two fans go out and not work? It's not the fan controller. Both fans are locked up tight. What did I do? I swapped that one for the one with the broken blades.. It was in a case so my fix wouldn't work/had no air flow. The one where the fanss were bad, I used my last new r-box fan, hot glued it to the front, installed it on the caseless mobo and......full load.......it gets to 58*C. Not too shabby! It's ready for some serious crunching. That is when I swap out the ssd with a hdd. I have no room on the 32GB ssd for Boinc or any apps. lol All computers are doing much better with the drivers from Dec. Oh yeah, when I tested full load, they were OC'd to 850MHz. These are 460's and stock is 625MHz.
    Last edited by Shandia; 04-08-16 at 11:53 PM.

Silver Member

Author Jacob Klein GPUGRD.net

I have confirmed that the new DOOM 365.19 drivers do NOT fix the PrimeGrid OpenCL/CUDA miscalculations. They DO fix the POEM@Home OpenCL TDR/Crash problems.

I'd recommend users to stick with 362.00, and projects to take action to prevent issuing CUDA or OpenCL tasks to R364 users.

Note:
    For both of these issues, I am the main user working with NVIDIA to solve them. And I'm told from my NVIDIA contacts that we can expect the miscalculation fix to land in the next driver, due later this month. So, maybe THEN I can finally upgrade to R364

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12