Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Drivers Beware!

Platinum Member

Exclamation Nvidia Drivers Beware!

Do not use Nvidia's newer drivers 364.47 and 364.51. They are causing all kinds of problems, including burnt up GPUs.

Blue screens, failing to boot up Windows, restart loops, losing sound, graphical artifacting and even burned out cards are all problems which are being reported by users on various sites. It doesn’t seem to be specific to one brand or generation of card, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by okan
    my TITANX went to bulescreen after update 362 to 364.47
    Quote Originally Posted by katherine93
    Disaster struck... I chose to update to these drivers and went to bed. I woke up to the smell of something burning. My computer is toast... it must have been restarting continuously for over 8 hours. Damn... turns out the power supply gave up and luckily not the GPU which is a 980 Ti.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBrothaOnTheComeUP
    killed my GTX 780, don't download this crap.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 03-08-16 at 06:26 PM.

Gold Member

Re: Nvidia Drivers Beware!

Thanks for the heads-up! Just checked and all mine are 362.00 or below. I won't update any time soon!

Silver Member

Thanks for the info

Past Administrator

WoW, that sucks. AMD must me rofltao....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Really appreciate the warning.

I was ready to upgrade from 362.00 to 364.47 on two machines.

Silver Member

Thanks for the heads up. I've always stayed 1 update behind after the 295 driver fiasco Nvidia had a while back. Can they be held responsible for damaged hardware?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Silver Member

Well, this is good info to know. I updated to 362.xx a few days ago and had a few strange issues. Not logging in to a few apps and apps freezing. It did remind me of a known but ignored bug involving the amd HD series a few years ago. Guess I should consider clearing my cache out and uninstalling/re-installing the nvidia card to see if it helps with my issues that have popped up since upgrading. When they do an update so close to a previous one, they really are trying to fix an issue and not just tweak performance for a game. Sometimes, yeah, things get worse before they get better. My 9500gt was a victim to one of these fixes years ago. Even though it's not in a computer, it still works kind of. (the fix would cause the fan to shut off under heavy load) Some things never change.

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Thanks John for the info. I wonder if my problem is related to this issue. I had a machine that went down and would not start, no sign of life. It had a new GTX 960 that I installed a day before that and I used the latest drivers. Anyhow, Since I wanted to upgrade my PSU from 800 to 1000W to serve my purpose (even though the old 800 was working OK according to the PSU tester) this was the time to buy one. Since I could not test anything else, I purchased a new motherboard as well. The combination worked straight away for less than a day for when I got up the rig was down and has the same symptoms of Dead as a door-nail or simply put DED. I had no chance to investigate it yet.

Silver Member

Ok. Yes, the even more recently drivers, not just the ones listed here are bad. I attempted to clean my cache with windows disk cleanup......locked up half way through. Checked the apps that wouldn't work right......still messed up. Uninstalled 362.xx drivers......rebooted......installed 361.xx from Dec.....CCleaner automatically popped up telling me to do some cleaning. I let it go and do what it wanted.......rebooted after cleaning and install of old drivers.....and viola! Everything works like it's suppose to. Never underestimate the power of the GPU drivers to totally mess up your day. I will add.....the nvidia card is NOT my primary GPU in this case so......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast