Thread: Hello from New Jersey!

danner26

Red face Hello from New Jersey!

Hello Everyone!

Its nice to be a part of SETI.USA! I hope to contribute a lot here. I have lost a handful of close family members to cancer, and that is what I am dedicating most of my resources to now.

I am currently working on World Community Grid's, Mapping Cancer Markers. If you have any other projects I might be interested in, please let me know! Thank you, and happy computing!

Past Administrator

Re: Hello from New Jersey!

Hello there and welcome. Sorry for the late thread validation. It slipped under my radar.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

My parents just died of old age.. cant really figure out cancer..
    Both Mom and Dad lived to 89.4 years.

Welcome aboard! Post often, and remember "If you cant be good, be a credit whore!"
    Last edited by dcushing; 04-09-16 at 09:52 PM.

Diamond Member

Welcome danner26.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Welcome to the team. Glad to have you here helping on such a valuable project. Any questions, just ask.

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Hello danner96 and welcome. I too started my Boincing carreer in 2005 I think and followed Seti. Later, when my ex Army mates came back from Vietnam succumbed to cancer, I joined World Community Grid. I thought this way I might be able to help since I do not like the system and give Direct cash Donations. When my wife's best friend lost her life due to Muscular Dystrophy later on, I expended and realized that it is worthwhile to help all BOINC projects for without Volunteers they would never be able to achieve their goal.. As time went on I became a Credit Whore to use a terminology that I am just chasing credits now. It is all good whatever your goal is.

Silver Member

Welcome to the club, we all crunch for different reasons and those change over time... I started just running SETI@HOME years ago, and moved on to WCG and BOINC after that... I lost my mom to cancer, as well as a brother and soon another brother... I've been dealing with my own cancer since '09... cancer is a nasty disease and it takes way too many lives... Crunch for all those still living and in honor of those who have passed...

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Silver Member

Hi danner26 great to have you on the team. World Community Grid great project to run