Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teamviewer nag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Teamviewer nag

I only use Teamviewer for personal use, but it doesn't believe me. Is there any way to disable to the Teamviewer nag pop-ups? I'd buy a license just to get rid of it, but they want too much.

Silver Member

Re: Teamviewer nag

Which version are you using. I'm 5.0.8081. It runs 24/365 and never see a nag screen.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

The latest version, 11.0.56083.

Administrator

No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.
    Or downgrading. The version I use does everything I need it to do.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

My home PC is now able to connect to any system with a nag except my work PC. I still have a time limit connecting to it and any system I connect to from my work PC has the 40-50 second time limit. I've installed RealVNC as an alternative for the time being. The free version allows 5 PCs to the setup under an account and has a similar authentication method as TV; log into a main account, ability to connect to systems logged into the same account with additional pwd authentication. Free version doesn't have file transfer and I couldn't get it work on Linux Mint 17.3, first attempt anyway. Anydesk scares me. Any hacker who guesses a valid system id can beat away on your system trying to get in. I couldn't get Anydesk to accept a remote connection either.
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 07-24-18 at 09:34 PM.

Anybody else get the shaft from teamviewer? I went around and around with them some time back and they finally let me use their product without limiting the sessions to just a few minute. Well as of this morning it only lets me connect to another system for about a minute, disconnects and won't let me back in for like 3-5 minutes.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    as of this morning it only lets me connect to another system for about a minute, disconnects and won't let me back in for like 3-5 minutes.
    yup, but I thought it was a glitch associated with the new pop-up and that they would fix it in a day or two.

Administrator

I haven't tried it yet today.
    I have 6 possible machines attached to it.
    My 3 and 3 more as remote help for my wife, daughter, and dad.

If 5 or more of them were concurrently on line, I would get the suspected business use nag thinking I was misusing the free license.

I have not experienced a time limit yet.
    Did you have multiple sessions open when the disconnects occurred?

TV still has me effectively shut out. Limiting all connections to 50 sec and having to wait 10 minutes to reconnect. So heck with them. I've moved on with RealVNC on 5 systems. I can connect locally to the others using regular VNC. Here's a page that explains how to get a VNC server running on linux Mint 17.3...
    http://www.informaticapressapochista...linux-mint-17/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast