Thread: Pic of my little farm.

Coaltar

Pic of my little farm.

Thought I'd share a pic of my little crunching farm. Everything I've got crunching can be seen in this pic besides two things. One is my main phone, which is what I took this picture with, and the other is my girlfriends ECNet IRC chat-logger (she's admin on ECNet) machine that she lets me use to crunch with too. In the pic you're seeing my side of our cave, her side has a bunch of machines on it too. We're both computer whores.

So starting from the left, you're seeing my ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" FHD HDMI monitor I use with my primary system, which is the Alienware laptop you see sitting next to it. You then see the ASUS Eee PC 1005HA netbook. The monitor behind that goes with the small Acer desktop machine you see all the way to the right.

Down below you're seeing an old Sony VAIO laptop sitting on a cooling pad; gets plenty of airflow down there. On top of that little stand if you look closely you'll see two tablets and three phones.

Everything except for my main machine, and my main phone, are all 100% crunching dedicated. The chat-logger uses almost zero resources, so it happily crunches away. My phone is crunching most the time. My main laptop is 50% resource dedicated. It's got a 4 core 8 thread CPU so I dedicate 4 threads to crunching. It also does GPU work on the Nvidia GT 750M unless I'm gaming. I don't let the Intel HD 4600 crunch as I leave that to handle all normal display stuff; handling Windows, internet browsing, youtube, watching BOINC, whatever.

Anyway that's it for now. I'm in the planning stages of building a new dedicated cruncher using dual octa-core xenon processors (32 threads). Wont have that going anytime soon though; still in the research stages.

P.S. The cat doesn't get much work done, that's pretty much what she does all day that you see her doing down there at the bottom left. She's old though, over 14 years now.

Administrator

Re: Pic of my little farm.

Sweet! A lot neater than my farm.

Gold Member

sure but it is a lot easier to keep 4 putters all nice and neat than it is 40. cool farm there.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    sure but it is a lot easier to keep 4 putters all nice and neat than it is 40. cool farm there.
    Only approaches 40 if you count vms...I don't. I can make a pretty good mess with 10...thank you very much.

Coaltar

Here's my gf's side of the room. The laptop on the far left is the one I've got crunching.

Silver Member

I think theirs a thread for that... I have to take a pic someday, of my setup, but it hasnt changed in years, since I went dumpster diving for a computer desk...
    That pic was on the old s.usa forum.