Thread: Primegrid crunching times

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Primegrid crunching times

A couple of days ago I looked at my stats and decided to crunch primegrid to catch up. Now, I beleive this project is off my radar. Over 31 days for GPU projects and over 175days for cpu projects is not for me. Anything can happ-en during those days and all i would have done is supporting my Electric company. I do not trust it any more..

Platinum Member

Re: Primegrid crunching times

There are shorter CPU sub-projects and short GPU sub-projects. You don't have to crunch the Seventeen or Bust or Genfer or Woodall or Cullen for example.

Stick with just SR5 or SGS or PPS Sieve. Its fun for the badges and the potential of finding a prime one day and the strong credit return. Ok, that's my pitch.

Diamond Member

On the page where you select the sub project, they provide estimated run times for each.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    On the page where you select the sub project, they provide estimated run times for each.
    Yeah, that's where I went wrong. I just selected all without looking. I am an impatient guy, can't stand waiting for months for a result, and I read instructions as a last resort. I wonder what this red buttons does if I pres it, it says do not press....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Yeah, that's where I went wrong. I just selected all without looking. I am an impatient guy, can't stand waiting for months for a result, and I read instructions as a last resort. I wonder what this red buttons does if I pres it, it says do not press....
    So....you're like every other guy in the world? Oh well, that's the way we are built. We are a mess.

@ shandia or karyn - comments? agreements?

Administrator

Hey, I had a GPU with a RED button (6990). Push the button and you better have more than a 600W PSU in the computer ... it went into high power mode and flat cranked em out. It had a piece of tape over the switch that said; "DO NOT CHANGE - unless you've read the manual!"

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post