Thread: Milkyway: Server Maintenance Concluded

Diamond Member

Milkyway: Server Maintenance Concluded

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience over the last week. I can say server maintenance is now concluded. The BOINC libraries on the server are up to date, and we have the newest available version of Ubuntu running on the server. We added HTTPS to the website so we recommend using that while you browse to best protect your personal information. Finally, maybe with the updated BOINC server libraries, the server will recognize some of the newer GPUs that support double precision (Not entirely sure about this point though).

Thank you everyone for your patience and happy crunching,

Jake W.

More...

Platinum Member

Re: Milkyway: Server Maintenance Concluded

"Welcome to the world of CreditNew!"

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    "Welcome to the world of CreditNew!"
    Are you positive? Should we back off MW?

Platinum Member

No. Just teasing. MW has used their own credit system for a while. I just always have to make a CN comment when any project updates their server side code. Unless the admins make the effort, CN is the default credit system on newer server installs. And I thought Slicker had mentioned in the past that it was made more difficult to circumvent the integrated credit system at various release points. So, just a warning that you should monitor production for a little bit to see if it begins that downward spiral that goes along with CN.

Platinum Member

No. Just teasing. MW has used their own credit system for a while. I just always have to make a CN comment when any project updates their server side code. Unless the admins make the effort, CN is the default credit system on newer server installs. And I thought Slicker had mentioned in the past that it was made more difficult to circumvent the integrated credit system at various release points. So, just a warning that you should monitor production for a little bit to see if it begins that downward spiral that goes along with CN.
    Ahhh, makes sense now. I'll try to follow it.

Silver Member

U may not be teasing, was getting 110 credits per work unit, was 220 credits per work unit b4 their down time...
    but I also notice the new work units are shorter.