Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: primaboinca: Soon to be implementing fixed credits

Diamond Member

primaboinca: Soon to be implementing fixed credits

The usual "Cheaters!" claim, and the response from the project.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: primaboinca: Soon to be implementing fixed credits

Hopefully this will fix the issue for the PS3 as well...

Platinum Member

Looks like it will be 200 credits/WU and will apply across platforms.

So all you PS3 users out there still crunching, this is another project for you.

krackedpress

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Looks like it will be 200 credits/WU and will apply across platforms.

So all you PS3 users out there still crunching, this is another project for you.
    Yes, all my credits are fixed at 200. Actually I have done 23,200 credits since April 6th. Plus it is not the only project running on my Quad. The weird thing is I have 11 of its WU "waiting to run", i.e. they started and run a bit then stopped and started another set, then another set. Three Sets of this project, less one, is waiting for the queue to allow them to finish. POEM is the other one in the queue.

Also it looks like the WUs are not auto reporting/uploading AGAIN. Did fine during the PG challenge, but not any more.

So that is 116 WUs on a AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor in about 4 days, along with some SIMAP, Milkyway, POEM, and PG at the same time. I am glad I say the reference to this project. Though I forgot to add a team to account till a few minutes ago, when I say it did not have one listed via the BOINC manager.

Now that I have past the 4 million total credit mark, I am going to run a lot of other projects than just PG to get the 18K daily credits, which seemed to be the best day-in and day-out max credit maker for me. I may even do a few SETI ones soon. That was my first project.

Got any other projects that are newish, or at least to me, like primaboinca was until a few days ago?

krackedpress

I was told in another thread that this project currently "favors" AMD CPUs. Does anyone know what the "average" processing time could/should be?

I have an AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor @ 1.15/2.3 GHz [on demand clock speed change] running primaboinca on all 4 cores, plus WUProp. Since this is currently my only machine crunching for BOINC, I would like to know if my run time is a fair speed.

At 100%, my Phenom 9650 takes about 1 hour 32 minutes +/- a minute.

Their web site has me at 31,800 total credits since I started on the 6th, with an average credit at 2,514.

I wish I knew about it months ago. According to the below info, the team has been running it since summer of last year.

My daily BOINCstats listed credits are as follows:
    4-10 7,400
    4-09 7,600
    4-08 6,200
    4-07 2,000

According to the printable certificate off their web site:

"SETI.USA has participated in primaboinca since 24 July 2010, and has contributed 10,882,192 Cobblestones of computation (9.40 quintillion floating-point operations) to primaboinca."

Past Administrator

Just a real quick answer, I'm sure more detailed answer can come from the MM folks. It wouldn't have done a whole lot of good to crunch it before, because you would have been granted like 17 to maybe 35 credits for each of those tasks. The fixed 200 credit / WU is REALLY boosting this project up. They've had a large influx of crunchers come to it, which I believe was their intention.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just a real quick answer, I'm sure more detailed answer can come from the MM folks. It wouldn't have done a whole lot of good to crunch it before, because you would have been granted like 17 to maybe 35 credits for each of those tasks. The fixed 200 credit / WU is REALLY boosting this project up. They've had a large influx of crunchers come to it, which I believe was their intention.
    That's exactly right. March 29, 2011 credits were ramped up. To give you an idea, look at my daily production.

Platinum Member

I finally gave into Dr. Pop and attached to this project. Small problem. The join this team link, does not show up for me on our team page for that project, but it shows up for other teams.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    I finally gave into Dr. Pop and attached to this project. Small problem. The join this team link, does not show up for me on our team page for that project, but it shows up for other teams.
    Maybe try a different browser and/or try running your browser in safe mode.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Alright, Denim! Congrats on joining us all here on this project. Be prepared for some seriously fast MMs

NJCaNS had the exact same problem. He tired going to his account page on a different computer (or different browser) I think, and it fixed the problem. I'd try a different browser first, or if that doesn't work, hop on a different rig an go to your account page and try to join the team from there.

Please let us know how it goes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast