Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has it really been 6 years?

Administrator

Re: Has it really been 6 years?

When I tried to login to BOINC Stats, it said no such user; so I re-registered using the same email as before. I have yet to receive an activation email which I have requested 4 times since yesterday and I am unable to find any contact information on the site to report this. I considered trying to register again but using the email that I use on here; however, I am concerned about what that may do to any of my previous stats. I don't want to lose them.

Does anyone know if this will cause a problem if I use a different email address?
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Gold Member

Welcome back. It is always great to see "old timers" returning even if it is just to say hi. Hope to see you on the boards often.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Wow! Man, good to see you on here! BOINC Stats or any of the other stats sites can't actually "delete" your previous credits. Those are all attached to your BOINC ID - the email address you use to log into projects. Hope that makes sense?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Wow! Man, good to see you on here! BOINC Stats or any of the other stats sites can't actually "delete" your previous credits. Those are all attached to your BOINC ID - the email address you use to log into projects. Hope that makes sense?
    Thanks. I finally got it fixed; I found an email address for the webmaster and he said that the system got jammed up and stopped sending emails.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Okay... is it just me or does my avatar look stupid? Can you even tell what that is?

If you have nary a clue... it's the Area 51 mailbox that I took a picture of before someone decided they wanted it as a souvenir. Some people just aren't happy with a dice clock or a "I lost my a$$ in Vegas" t-shirt.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Okay... is it just me or does my avatar look stupid? Can you even tell what that is?

If you have nary a clue... it's the Area 51 mailbox that I took a picture of before someone decided they wanted it as a souvenir. Some people just aren't happy with a dice clock or a "I lost my a$$ in Vegas" t-shirt.
    I was going to say a mail box... looks like one

If that thing ever shows up for sale, I would charge that person with postal theft.
    Taking mail box's is a federal crime.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dcushing View Post
    I was going to say a mail box... looks like one

If that thing ever shows up for sale, I would charge that person with postal theft.
    Taking mail box's is a federal crime.
    Funny thing is it belongs to a rancher but because it's only a few miles from Area 51, people think it goes to the base... or the aliens...

But yeah... *sigh*... dumb avatar. Going back to my usual theme.

Silver Member

If U want an Rbox, contact Sphynx, in a PM.

he may be able to hook U up with 1.
    Just needs a fan, which I posted earlier, in a link, to get.

I have one from him, replaced the fan, and its on hydra, going like gangbusters.
    35 mill a day
    Last edited by dcushing; 06-18-16 at 10:49 PM.

Administrator

Holy crap...

I was checking my stats this morning and saw this:

BOINC Stats.jpg

Almost 705K in a single day??? The 7 rigs I had 5 years ago barely peaked into the 1 million a day range and these 2 systems I have now almost matched that... Wow! Times have changed.

Gold Member

hello STM good to see you back, been a while. hope you got things worked out over the past few years.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast