Hello Folks:
I have been doing BOINC computing various places since 1996, now just doing it at my home site since I have retired. I caught wind of the BOINC Pentathalon via a notice from Universe@Home and looked around for a team that could use my modest resources the best. I found SETI.USA and joined.

I am primarily running a I5-4432 quad core using Gentoo Linux. My home network has 6 computers and 2 Xbox1 consoles, plus a few smartphones and other devices. Internet is a 1152 Mbit ADSL circuit.

I hail from Durham, NC and have been here for 50 years, but I have been using computers for 58 years. Officially a Generation Zero Whiz kid, and my Dad was an official Computer Pioneer, and he started me helping him when I was 5. Got a BS/CS from N.C. State in 1975 (minor in genetics). Spent most of my time after University doing System Administration and a few major application suites. At one point I spent 2.5 years doing consulting in the NYC Metro Area, with a few stints at Bell Labs and NY Telephone (before reorganization.)

Glad to be a SETI.USA member and putting the credits to use for a good group.