Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! I'm not a new Cruncher, I'm only new to this forum.

Gold Member

Re: Hello! I'm not a new Cruncher, I'm only new to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grissom View Post
    Ha! Did you mean "I love my ALTITUDE problem"? It's always nice to meet another retired pilot. Sorry about this 1+ year delayed response but just now returned to the forum.
    I was always a firm believer in the fact that if you are going to be a pilot you have to have an attitude problem. Since I flew corporate, I usually had my boss in the right seat and of course he always wanted to do some flying. While I was following him through on a landing one day he did something that was just bad practice and he would have ended up to far down the runway and way to fast. I told him I had it but he decided he would keep control. Well a slap in the mouth jarred some sense into him. Like I said ATTITUDE is a mainstay.I learned that from my first instructor and it held me through all 6,000 hours of time.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    I was always a firm believer in the fact that if you are going to be a pilot you have to have an attitude problem. Since I flew corporate, I usually had my boss in the right seat and of course he always wanted to do some flying. While I was following him through on a landing one day he did something that was just bad practice and he would have ended up to far down the runway and way to fast. I told him I had it but he decided he would keep control. Well a slap in the mouth jarred some sense into him. Like I said ATTITUDE is a mainstay.I learned that from my first instructor and it held me through all 6,000 hours of time.
    I talked my best friend into getting his pilots license. He soon bought a new plane and took me on a flight to a beach to celebrate. No matter how much I yelled about landing downwind (windsock wagging), he kept insisting it's not a problem. I braced for impact. He went off the end and skidded through about 400 feet of grass stopping too close to a line of trees to be able to turn around. Wet and muddy, we couldn't push it backwards up hill. Just about everyone at this small one building airport ran out to help get it turned around. A very embarrassing event he'll never forget. But me, many years earlier, I made two far FAR more serious and embarrassing mistakes on my first solo landing, so, instead of rubbing-it-in, I told him about my solo.
    Last edited by Grissom; 09-29-17 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Typo
    http://www.setiusa.us/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2331&dateline=1506647  573 Why I have a need to know...

Gold Member

My boss was the type that knew it all and thought he had enough money to do it. I finally left because he thought that maintenance on a plane really wasn't important and could be put off a couple of hundred hours. Sorry but I was an aircraft mechanic in the Army and I learned how to maintain choppers. Maintenance was always #1 with the units I was in and I followed that rule even in civilian flying.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12