Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPUMiner

Administrator

CPUMiner

Has anyone run the CPU Miner for Bitcoin?

I assumes I have to setup something similar in the cc_config file like I did to get the RBoxes to work. As is, the CPU Miner WU's run and report fine; however, every one is invalid. I only want to run this since WUProp attached itself to this and I have 50 hours from when I first started running Bitcoin. It would be nice to get the credits.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Re: CPUMiner

Never mind... stupid Norton.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Blast! That wasn't it either. It just won't give me any credits. Oh well... just need the hours really.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Blast! That wasn't it either. It just won't give me any credits. Oh well... just need the hours really.
    When I've run it I've had to totally disable Norton. It is very proud of itself for "protecting" you. It blocks every friggin slot, you can't just say this executable is okay. You have to do it for every slot. Then of course there is the Norton firewall etc etc. I just shut the dang thing totally down and tell it to stay that way until I tell it otherwise.

I have 2 laptops I use to control miners ... I removed Norton from them ... problem solved.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    When I've run it I've had to totally disable Norton. It is very proud of itself for "protecting" you. It blocks every friggin slot, you can't just say this executable is okay. You have to do it for every slot. Then of course there is the Norton firewall etc etc. I just shut the dang thing totally down and tell it to stay that way until I tell it otherwise.

I have 2 laptops I use to control miners ... I removed Norton from them ... problem solved.
    That's what I finally did on my laptop which has the RBoxes on it. I'll be moving the RBox 100 from my main rig to my server which doesn't have AV on it at all so issues will be solved there as well. Norton also ignores exclusions every so often... I had downloaded the SETI Optimized app to a directory in which I told Norton not only to exclude the file but the entire directory. It still deletes the app no matter what I do.

Diamond Member

I haven't run AV on my crunchers, ever. Never had any problems.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

I run Malwarebytes on my personal computer, but the crunchers are AV free.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    I run Malwarebytes on my personal computer, but the crunchers are AV free.
    Same here. Have yet to find the need for AV. Malwarebytes is enough.

Administrator

I run both Norton and Malwarebytes on my main rig. Each have caught things in the past that the other one didn't. I usually have no problems running most projects on it but it sure was a pain running BitCoin and out of the blue Malwarebytes started knocking out the CPUMiner after it had been running problem free for a day or so.

I also got the preferences worked out to make sure all CPUMiner wu's in the future go to my 2 rigs that don't have AV or Malwarebytes on them.

I finally got my 100 hours on CPUMiner #3 and #7... and I'm only a few hours away on Climate Prediction from getting another WUProp Star.

Gold Member

I run pc matic pro on my 5 main computers. I got in on a deal with them a few years ago and bought the pro version for 5 computers for 50 bucks for life. I don't run any on the rest of the crunchers. run spy bot a couple of times a year.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast