Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving... again.

Administrator

Moving... again.

Unfortunately, I need to move again. I thought I was going to be here for another year; however, it is now necessary that I part ways with my 26-year-old, very blonde female (but cute) roommate.

I know what you guys are thinking… don’t. I’m not that good looking and I don’t have THAT much money. I can assure you that dating someone half your age isn’t as much fun as you would think.

Anyways… I need to be out by December 1st so the bad news is that I will be down for a week maybe two at that time. The good news is that I’m going back to an old place that I call the “pink house” some of you may remember. I call it that because… well… it’s pink… I kid you not. It's not good because it’s pink, it’s good because I don’t pay for power. So you know what that means boys and girls… I can get more rigs and very little downtime.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Gold Member

Re: Moving... again.

That pink must be a California thing. I would be hard pressed to live in a pink house even if I didn't pay for the power.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    That pink must be a California thing. I would be hard pressed to live in a pink house even if I didn't pay for the power.
    I do understand. The pink was tough to ignore for a while when I lived here years ago; even the interior walls are faux painted with pink and a couple of other colors added.

I don't think he ever lived in California but it's in Las Vegas and the owner is a nice older man who retired from being a dancer on The Strip a number of years ago. I lived here for about 4 years; it's quiet and well kept. It's approximately 12,000 square feet, 9 bedrooms, 10 baths and a pool. The area that I will be renting is 1,100 square feet, has a private entrance and is completely self contained. Besides the owner and his partner, there are only 2 other renters that live here. The rent is way below market level and it never goes up. The smallest bedroom was bigger than my last apartment and with my lease due, staying in my current place would cost more than moving here.

The house does tend to get egged every Halloween... go figure.

"My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Dancing must pay well

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Dancing must pay well
    So I will start dancing very soon and congratulations STMahlberg.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Looks and sounds like you got a great deal!

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

Nice talking to U on the fone!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I can assure you that dating someone half your age isn’t as much fun as you would think.
    Been there, done that and 100% concur. Mine turned into a royal PITA near the end. I had to get a restrainer order because she wouldn't accept that we were done. I think getting arrested after she crashed her car through the guard gate finally convinced her.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    Been there, done that and 100% concur. Mine turned into a royal PITA near the end. I had to get a restrainer order because she wouldn't accept that we were done. I think getting arrested after she crashed her car through the guard gate finally convinced her.
    Yup. After we broke up I came home to find my front door kicked in and stuff missing. Her and her friends had fun filling up their cars with fuel on my credit cards.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Yup. After we broke up I came home to find my front door kicked in and stuff missing. Her and her friends had fun filling up their cars with fuel on my credit cards.
    Holy bejesus...makes me love my boring life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast