Thread: T5500 2nd CPU fan

Silver Member

T5500 2nd CPU fan

As we have discussed many times the t5500/7500 first CPU fan cooler this is about the 2nd. I noticed an intermittent squeal sound and assumed it was the primary CPU fan that I jerry-rigged. Cleaned it out remounted and this time started it up with it open. Immediately it was apparent it was the stock 2nd CPU fan. I pulled it and can feel the internal resistance when turning by hand.

The problem is it's a proprietary dell plug and the only other fan I have is the other two internal fans mounted in the front that are much bigger (120mm vs 92?) that have the same pin/connector. If I pull on the blades assembly its firmly in there, doesn't look like it was designed to be maintenanced.

I haven't looked up a replacement yet, I'm sure they're out there, hopefully reasonably priced.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Administrator

Re: T5500 2nd CPU fan

I just replaced one ... comes with heatsink, CPU fan, and memory fan.

FAN

EDIT: You can find the heatsink/fan combo cheaper .... search for these W715F W567F

Silver Member

I ordered just the fan assembley: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191847312475 I don't use the stock shrouds now that I have the primary CPU using the t7500 HSF (not passive), The fan should work just have to "mount" it my way.

Administrator

I can't believe it, another one of my T5500s just lost a CPU riser fan. In 2 weeks the bearings have gone bad in 2 of them. So I ordered a new one for the one that just crapped out and then one for the one that hasn't died .... yet

Somehow the machines know that I'm starting a challenge. Start the one on NFS and lose 12 threads. Start the one on Asteroids and lose 12 threads I don't think I'm going to run anymore challenges!

Silver Member

The new fan came in today, to my surprise its a higher power fan but same dimensions and same connector. I ziptied it down and plugged it in and it's smooth as butter, 6 cores back in action.