Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Complete dual socket Intel ES V4 server/crunchers

Administrator

Re: 2 Complete dual socket Intel ES V4 server/crunchers

It may support IPMI but on the X10DRI boards there is a 3rd RJ45 LAN jack for dedicated IPMI. If that isn't connected then there is a mode "rollover" where it will share LAN1 with network traffic as well as IPMI. If the 10DAL board supports IPMI then it is sharing a LAN jack. Not a problem if it does but not the same as the boards I'm using. I have to admit I'm using the rollover mode on 2 machines because I'm running out of spare sockets on the network switches

For those that aren't familiar with IPMI, it is a remote interface on server boards. Remotely you can actually watch the machine boot and if you desire you can enter BIOS and change settings. For example, if you want to switch from HT on to HT off then you can do that remotely. You can remotely do anything just like you were sitting in front of the machine.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It may support IPMI but on the X10DRI boards there is a 3rd RJ45 LAN jack for dedicated IPMI. If that isn't connected then there is a mode "rollover" where it will share LAN1 with network traffic as well as IPMI. If the 10DAL board supports IPMI then it is sharing a LAN jack. Not a problem if it does but not the same as the boards I'm using. I have to admit I'm using the rollover mode on 2 machines because I'm running out of spare sockets on the network switches

For those that aren't familiar with IPMI, it is a remote interface on server boards. Remotely you can actually watch the machine boot and if you desire you can enter BIOS and change settings. For example, if you want to switch from HT on to HT off then you can do that remotely. You can remotely do anything just like you were sitting in front of the machine.
    Edited my other post to clear any confusion. Sorry.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Headed to flea bay.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Both sold. Thanks for the space.

Past Administrator

Sorry we didn't have the quan this time around. They looked like awesome crunchers!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Sorry we didn't have the quan this time around. They looked like awesome crunchers!
    NP! They went to good homes.

Platinum Member

Hopefully they went to good homes that paid you well.

Just keep posting things here when you can though. Eventually some of us may have money to splurge.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Hopefully they went to good homes that paid you well.
    Well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Just keep posting things here when you can though. Eventually some of us may have money to splurge.
    I still have my 36c/72t machine that will go up for sale as soon as I reach 100 years on Zika at WCG. About 60 days out.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    I still have my 36c/72t machine that will go up for sale as soon as I reach 100 years on Zika at WCG. About 60 days out.
    Anything that a retired senior on a fixed income can afford??? I might be able to sell some of my meds.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Anything that a retired senior on a fixed income can afford??? I might be able to sell some of my meds.
    You could always make payments at an affordable interest rate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast