Author: Maxwell [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Maxwell Spanker vs. Silver Hammer vs. Annihilatrix
STMahlberg wrote:
I was told by JPM that I needed to build a computer system that was able to outperform in credits per day against what either of you two were building.

That's your first problem. JPM has this ridiculous notion in his head that he needs to outproduce me with a single box. Why is he putting that constraint on himself? No clue. None of the big boys around here have single boxes. I don't either. I have my work machines that happen to crunch. I'm sorry for that...
STMahlberg wrote:
I felt that your computer knowledge was unsurpassed.

You are clearly referring only to JPM here. I give a very poor F.U.C.K.; on the rare occasions when it is adequate, I'm usually repeating something the J-Crew or others have stated.
STMahlberg wrote:
I looked over the specs and benchmarks of the i7 860 and the GTS 240; I have to admit that I would have responded to this post sooner; however, I was laughing too hard.

Part of the deal with the free money is that I had to go through Dell. Would I have done this if it were for myself alone? No. But my hands were tied. I will now invite you to provide Free Unsolicited Computer Knowledge to yourself.
STMahlberg wrote:
I will admit that your grammatical ejaculations have been amusing but they will not save you.

I really want to argue this, but that is too awesome to do so. Well played, sir.
STMahlberg wrote:
I don’t believe that you can gaze upon its awesomeness and comprehend.

Funny, I said the exact same phrase to your mom last night! :wink: :mrgreen:
Author: John P. Myers [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 pm ]
@STM: Yes, here is the part where i will clarify that your original idea of building a single machine to beat Maxwell is exactly what i am doing. With these 4 new boxes he is getting, i believe it will bring his total number of crunchers to 7. Correct me if i'm wrong there. I am, in fact, attempting to build a single computer that will out-crunch all of Maxwell's computers using a motherboard with only 1 PCIe x16 slot. To me, using multiple boxes to beat Maxwell is too easy. There's no challenge there. Anyone could do that. The only way to keep it interesting, at least for me, is to do it in only 1 box. A mini-tower box with a micro ATX motherboard. So i beg of you to go back to your original plans, because they were the right ones Besides, you save alot of money on electricity doing it all in 1 box.
Author: John P. Myers [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 pm ]
To append:

Yes, anyone with common sense and a firm grasp of the English language knows that the term "Silver Hammer" is singular. Don't be too hard on Maxwell for his lack of education. Who was it that said all men were created equal? It's just not true. Some people were meant to drop fries at McDonald's. It's all in the genes.

Yesterday, Maxwell changed the name to "Silver Hammer of Thor". Still a singular term. He's not making any progress. If he knew what he was talking about, he'd have simply said "Mjöllnir " instead of typing all those extra words. Tsk tsk

After Maxwell receives his new machines, i have no doubt he'll be looking for a pity F.U.C.K. I, for one, won't give him D.I.C.K. (Detailed Informative Computer Knowledge). Not to Image :stirthepot: or Image :beatadeadhorse: but Maxwell will lose this battle. Hopefully twice

@Fire$torm: Yes, you can steal those too
Author: Vidi Vici Veni [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 pm ]
Maxwell wrote:
STMahlberg wrote:

You said a similar thing about my mother the other night. I'm not sure what your fascination is with geriatric women, but I must say that dad was pretty darn excited when he heard you had volunteered for this. He asked if you needed a ride from the airport or, better yet, if he should just buy mom a one way ticket to your place. I told him that I wasn't exactly sure how long you were signing up for, but he's been giddy all day just the same.
Author: STMahlberg [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm ]
John Chastain wrote:
Maxwell wrote:
STMahlberg wrote:

You said a similar thing about my mother the other night. I'm not sure what your fascination is with geriatric women, but I must say that dad was pretty darn excited when he heard you had volunteered for this. He asked if you needed a ride from the airport or, better yet, if he should just buy mom a one way ticket to your place. I told him that I wasn't exactly sure how long you were signing up for, but he's been giddy all day just the same.

ROFLMAO
Author: Maxwell [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 am ]
John Chastain wrote:
Maxwell wrote:
STMahlberg wrote:

I've found that many older women like a little Detailed Informative Computer Knowledge in their life. Especially if their husbands are unable to provide it. At the very least, some good Free Unsolicited Computer Knowledge is a bonus for any woman out there... :mrgreen:

@JPM: Though you may have a firm grasp of your Detailed Informative Computer Knowledge, you seem to fail to grasp the subtleties of plurality. My collection (singular) of "your mom" jokes is comprised of many jokes (plural). Slcker's farm (singular) is comprised of many computers (plural). The Holy Trinity (singular) is comprised of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (collectively, plural). In much the same vein, the Silver Hammer (singular) refers to a collection (singular) of many computers (plural) designed to kick the Annihilatrix/Spanker Set (A.S.S.; collectively, plural).

@STM: The best you can come up with is seven letters? At least discuss how your Crunching-Oriented Computer Knowledge compares to JPM's Detailed Informative Computer Knowledge...
Author: Fire$torm [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 am ]
Fire$torm knocks on STM's Door. "Howdy nawbir. Howz bout you let me burrow them there deep wadders of yirs?"
Author: Vidi Vici Veni [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 am ]
I've been thinking recently that I need to change my handle to something a little less serious but I have been scratching my head a bit about what to use and how far to push it. After all the innuendo in this thread, I think I have my answer. Stay tuned and know, its all your fault!