I found an interesting problem today. I have 6 identical machines running VMs on Edges and 1 is getting significantly less credits. I checked the time to finish a WU and it is identical to the other 5 machines.

What I found was that when I look at the "details" on that machine it has MUCH lower benchmark results than the other machines. So while it crunches a WU in the same amount of time it is REQUESTING less credits .... 2.3 versus 3.5 / WU. I reran the benchmarks but it didn't update what is shown on the project. I uninstalled BOINC w/ Edges suspended and reinstalled the same version of BOINC. Once again nothing changed on the project.

On Sztaki, which also runs Zeta, it benchmarks at 3993 FP and 14000 integer. On Edges it is 2854 FP and 9168 Integer.

It is possible I had the host running almost full bore when I attached to the project in the VM .... I don't know I'm just guessing at this point.

So, when does the project get the benchmark results passed to it and once it has them is it possible to make them change?

I'm not in a position to do a clean uninstall/reinstall or to detach/reattach until after the Edges challenge. It is too hard to get the cache full!