Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
Time will tell. So far so good. The workmanship looks excellent. I've read where there have been some issues with their chrome plating not wearing well but I'm not really concerned about that. It will be garage kept and covered. I can say that the Indian is way more comfortable to ride for me. It also handles much better which is huge because I'm a small guy. I find it's also better ergonomically designed for the driver and rider IMHO. All that being said my Harley was a 2004 and things have come a long way since then. I did test ride a couple of the 2017 Harley's and was not impressed enough to buy one. One ride on the Indian was enough. One of my favorite things about the Indian is that the entire tour package can be removed by 1 person in about 30 seconds. It takes about 2 minutes if you have the anti-theft hooked up. The trunk and both bags lock with the key fob. I spent some extra money for a 5 year unlimited mileage front to back warranty which covers everything except normal wear stuff so I'm set to go 'till then.
I was never a big fan of harley's lack of forward engineering and I think your test ride speaks to that. Glad you got something you like with peace of mind.