Quote Originally Posted by JerWA View Post
% done and ETA are irrelevant to the work it's doing, it's a wrapper app so BOINC has no idea.

As for the errors check your logs and see if you're hitting the disk usage issue. Then go tell AQUA about it, so they can actually fix it.

I'm still not sure what I did differently as I've not dropped a ROQS unit since early last month, and that's the only one ever (and was unrelated to the current errors it seems).

Edit: Out of curiosity are you guys time sharing AQUA and other apps? Pausing a lot? Exiting BOINC? Restarting? etc?

The two machines I have running this full time do not time share (due to scheduler problems with multi-core apps), never pause, reboot, etc or at least very very rarely.
I've had Aqua tasks that take between 50 and 100 hours, but they usually pay around 20,000+ credits. I've never seen one at 20 hours give 1.14% complete.

What does pausing, rebooting etc have to do with performance? Context switching does incur a performance hit, but nothing real big, like your suggesting.

Dan