Thread: Sargies Tower upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Re: Sargies Tower upgrade

Try moving over to CSG and run it full bore to get a comparison of temps. CSG does not use AVX. AVX really heats up the processor but on most (not all) projects it makes a huge difference. I wouldn't tear things apart until you've run another project or 2 and get a baseline.

If you look at the WU running on Asteroids it will tell you whether or not it is using AVX ... it's shown at the end of the WU name.

If your machine is running AVX and the temps are within the normal limits then you are good to go. They will never get any hotter than when running the AVX/FMA3 instruction set.

Silver Member

Re: Sargies Tower upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If you look at the WU running on Asteroids it will tell you whether or not it is using AVX ... it's shown at the end of the WU name.
    If your machine is running AVX and the temps are within the normal limits then you are good to go. They will never get any hotter than when running the AVX/FMA3 instruction set.
    102.10 AVX, Man, you are just trying to stop me from poking at the innards . I know I should let it be but having someone else do the build, even if they are professional builders, not knowing how much paste they used, where the hell they routed cords, and why they put certain components this way instead of that. It gets to me...lol. I'll finish up the WU's I have tonight and let it chew on something else in the morning before I do a teardown.
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger