Thread: Moo!: DNETC replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum Member

Re: Moo!: DNETC replacement

I threw one of the 4800 series on it and it was being odd. First WU jumped to 8.02% complete after 20 seconds and the sat with no update for another 5 minutes. It DL'd more work and immediately jumped to a new WU and went to 7% before sitting there. I told the machine to allow more MW work and will have to see if it actually completes any of these when I get home.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    I threw one of the 4800 series on it and it was being odd. First WU jumped to 8.02% complete after 20 seconds and the sat with no update for another 5 minutes. It DL'd more work and immediately jumped to a new WU and went to 7% before sitting there. I told the machine to allow more MW work and will have to see if it actually completes any of these when I get home.
    The app is not BOINC native, and runs inside a wrapper. That usually means that the % complete is not a reliable measure, and can display weird behavior.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Good to know. Has anyone made any comparison yet with PG? If the pay is better, I will throw the duals on it.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Silver Member

Darn, we were 1st for a little while here, but looks like we got passed by Sic - stats

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob's Son View Post
    Darn, we were 1st for a little while here, but looks like we got passed by Sic - stats
    I think this is a good project, Thanks to Zomb and Max for getting us on this ASAP we seem to do good at getting in the door first And out into the team. But I feel that any more on this project should be in the "Project Strategy" form.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

As soon as you create a profile over there, you become UOTD!

Administrator

If anyone has a single 5850 or 5870 rig you might try the project. Steve has a pair of 5850s and calculating his run rate from credits it appears that computer will produce 1M per day. Not bad for 2 x 5850.

Steve can not get dual 5870s to run and neither can I. I also can not get 5970s work as they should. BUT I think single cards are doing okay and paying big credits.

Gold Member

Finished 4 WU's and have gotten 38,605 credits so far. Running a single 4870 by itself in a system.

Gold Member

First WU done in 58 minutes and reported just fine. Now we will see if it validates. Keeping fingers crossed.