Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOO Wrapper Switched to granting static credit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

Re: MOO Wrapper Switched to granting static credit

2K isn't bad on newer ATI cards (approx 190K per day on HD 6970), but it is rotten for any CUDA boxes (16K/day vs 120K/day on PG with a 9800 GTX ). Even at 6K per WU, PG pays twice as much -- at least for CUDA gpus. So, unless you are going for a milestone and don't have an ATI gpu, PG's PPS is still the place to be with CUDA cards.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Silver Member

Figures, just after I figured out how to get my runtimes down to 9 minutes. This will make Milkyway or Colatez better. By Moo!

Dan

Gold Member

Twas just a simple question.

Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    2K isn't bad on newer ATI cards (approx 190K per day on HD 6970), but it is rotten for any CUDA boxes (16K/day vs 120K/day on PG with a 9800 GTX ). Even at 6K per WU, PG pays twice as much -- at least for CUDA gpus. So, unless you are going for a milestone and don't have an ATI gpu, PG's PPS is still the place to be with CUDA cards.
    Not bad? I was racking up 2.5 - 3 MIL a day on my 6970's (4 of them) until today.

Platinum Member

Edited and moved.
    Last edited by Crazybob; 05-13-11 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Guess

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Administrator

If you have a BIG cache then you need to dump it. Only the new wu are granting 7 credits per stat versus 5. If you keep crunching the old wu you are limiting your credits.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Not bad? I was racking up 2.5 - 3 MIL a day on my 6970's (4 of them) until today.
    I saw that you had 630K yesterday on Moo? Was that with all 4 6970s? I'm running two 5870s and got 362K on Milkyway. Just wondering if that was the case, cause it suggests Milkyway is better for points than Moo.

Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I saw that you had 630K yesterday on Moo? Was that with all 4 6970s? I'm running two 5870s and got 362K on Milkyway. Just wondering if that was the case, cause it suggests Milkyway is better for points than Moo.
    Yeah, that was running all 4 of them. I don't think it was for a full 24 hour period though. I pulled them off the project because they were getting too hot for my liking. They keep tinkering with the workunits and I seriously doubt they have a clue as to what they're doing. I'm not going to let them burn up my cards.
    Last edited by Shadow; 05-14-11 at 07:55 PM.

Past Administrator

If it's honestly as simple as replacing the "7" in their formula with an "8", does anyone here know anyone over there, so that we can tell them please - if you're going to pound our GPUs this hard, then up the credit to the 8, so that it gives us DNETC like credit?

Thanks...I just can't figure out why this is so hard for them if it's just changing a single number. Maybe there is more to it that I don't understand?...

Shadow

A few people have mentioned that the credits are still too low compared to DNETC. Apparently this Teemu guy doesn't get it. I'm back on it for now, at least til I get the 25 Mil MM. We're in 2nd place for top teams on the project. He's threatening to release another new version soon. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast