Thread: Upload issues?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Upload issues?

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    The Rosetta and PrimaB sites shows servers are good, but my event log is saying:

Scheduler request failed: failure when receiving data from the peer
    Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
    Internet access ok - project servers may be temporarily down.
    That's a BOINC client error not a project error...
    Scheduler request failed:, means Boinc was unable to perform the task; failure when receiving data from the peer, is the description of the error and this would appear to be a network issue.

Project communication failed:, means Boinc is explaining in the log what the issue is; attempting access to reference site, is Boinc telling you what it's doing to narrow the issue down.

Internet access ok - project servers may be temporarily down, Is Boinc communicating that it is connected to the internet, (usually by checking if it can reach Google.com) so the issue isn't a hardware issue preventing communication.

I would reboot the machine..... Something is not allowing that Boinc instance from communicating with the project server...

Platinum Member

Re: Upload issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Egilman View Post
    That's a BOINC client error not a project error...
    Scheduler request failed:, means Boinc was unable to perform the task; failure when receiving data from the peer, is the description of the error and this would appear to be a network issue.

Project communication failed:, means Boinc is explaining in the log what the issue is; attempting access to reference site, is Boinc telling you what it's doing to narrow the issue down.

Internet access ok - project servers may be temporarily down, Is Boinc communicating that it is connected to the internet, (usually by checking if it can reach Google.com) so the issue isn't a hardware issue preventing communication.

I would reboot the machine..... Something is not allowing that Boinc instance from communicating with the project server...
    Ok, I will.