Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
You have me so excited now...

Maxwell's intro to MM chasing: Get on the list.
What do I mean by that? Well, in order to keep the size of the tables down, there is a set minimum number of milestones you need to attain in order to show up on the list. Once you reach that minimum, your rank will show up on the "Mega Milestone" table on your stats page on Free-DC. My first goal when I was starting was just to get on the list.

You have four 250k projects, and the minimum there to make the list is 4. Yay! Congrats! You're close on several others, too.

Strategies:
- Disable CPU crunching on any project that has a good GPU app. No sense using the CPU for something the GPU could knock out in a few minutes. (DNETC, PG, MW, Moo, SETI, SETIbeta).
- FreeHAL: I see you're on it, make sure you have 1 WU/core (NCI) checked, and credits will trickle in. It's awesome.
- WUProp: Always run this. Free credits.

I'll stop talking now. If you want more MM chaser strategery, let me know. And if you want to truly be a badass, add the suffix "[MM]" to your name on every project (brackets included, quotes are not). That will get you to show up on this stats page.
Wow, nice info. There should be a strategy section of the forum for MM with this as a sticky. I'm going to make the changes you mentioned.

Some concerns:

1) Is there a way to change my name all at once or do I need to actually go to each project one by one.
2) I use boincstats currently to manage my projects. Is Free-DC basically the same thing? and do I need to use that instead?
3) Is there a list of which projects I should be running first, once I slim down my active project list? Perhaps some of the projects are at the end of their lifecycle and I should get on those first?

Anyways, great info.

/sping