Thread: I7 build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

Re: I7 build

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Mamma Mia, that's sa very big'a pot in your wall..........
    That's sa probably where she's a gonna put me. ...in the wall.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    That's sa probably where she's a gonna put me. ...in the wall.
    Well, as long as you can remote into you systems, your good........

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

All parts have arrived in Des Moines Iowa and will be here tomorrow. I wil have it up and running if I have to stay up until the wee hours. I really am excited about that MB. OCing here I come!

Past Admin

All parts have arrived in Des Moines Iowa and will be here tomorrow. I wil have it up and running if I have to stay up until the wee hours. I really am excited about that MB. OCing here I come!

Hmm,, how to hide it from a daughter of Rome? , Yeah, that's it. Lots of flowers.

Diamond Member

My wife doesn`t like me to have it up or running without her permission also. Mainly if I am excited without her nearby. But when I am up and excited and she arrive by surprise she always put me in the wall. I think your wife is right c303a.

I need to study English again, this is getting very tricky.

Crazy Duke making a lot of confusions.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Hmm,, how to hide it from a daughter of Rome? , Yeah, that's it. Lots of flowers.
    Never spoil them with flowers....Just make sure she doesn't see the credit card bill. All done on line and I pay the bills.
    And she doesn't know anything about using a computer.

Gold Member

the nice new Asus board arriived. I/O package was open so it was an open box and not new. When I started placing components on it to see how everything fit together I noticed one big glaring item. No way was the sli bridge that I have going to work. The 2 GEN3pci-e slots are a lot closer together and this board did not have a sli bridge. After thinking about it I decided to RMA the board to the egg. I really didn't want the trouble of maybe installing everything and then have a bad board since someone else already seems to have had it. I have ordered a more expensive board and have it coming air so I should have it tomorrow. Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3.This will allow pci-e 3.0 later if I ever get to that point.
    I have to say that I have never had a better customer experience then with the egg. No questions asked. RMA e-mailed and a prepaid UPS label e-mailed. Great servicce.

Silver Member

the nice new Asus board arriived. I/O package was open so it was an open box and not new. When I started placing components on it to see how everything fit together I noticed one big glaring item. No way was the sli bridge that I have going to work. The 2 GEN3pci-e slots are a lot closer together and this board did not have a sli bridge. After thinking about it I decided to RMA the board to the egg. I really didn't want the trouble of maybe installing everything and then have a bad board since someone else already seems to have had it. I have ordered a more expensive board and have it coming air so I should have it tomorrow. Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3.This will allow pci-e 3.0 later if I ever get to that point.
    I have to say that I have never had a better customer experience then with the egg. No questions asked. RMA e-mailed and a prepaid UPS label e-mailed. Great servicce.
    I have to agree there customer service is great but im really getting concerned about this open box stuff the motherboard i ordered also seemed to be open box and now after all the issues with moo and the 6950 the board finally craped out im having to rma my board off so my I7 will be going offline soon.. So what board did you go with im really thinking of just ordering a new one and this time not skimp on it.