Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
It is hard to get gung-ho about those stats when you figure it will take almost 6 years to regain #2 overall when just over 2 years ago we had the #1 overall credits in BOINC and at our current rate, it will take us 6 years just to get back to the #2 position and the #1 overall is out of reach. I just find it hard to jubilate over winning a battle while lossing the war. But that may just tbe me. Hu-rah team!
I wouldn't be too despondent Slicker. The team who dislodged you for second place were formed relatively quickly and are few in team members. They have their reasons for leaving their previous teams and could well decide to move on again. You may also find that there are those who will join you who would prefer to see SETI.USA at the top rather that a few who happen to have a lot of hardware and who are trying to prove what? SETI.USA is a good team. It has many people who are helpful and make crunching for a team fun, informative and fair. Getting to #2 or #1 is just a bonus to SETI.USA being the best BOINC team there is.