Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
Hmmmm.... Mumps has a 24 processor box which leads the LSA project with a top RAC of..... wait for it...... 2.4K per day. That's just 35 times less than DiRT! Someone stop me before I move my whole farm over to LSA! Oh, wait. I already have a 10K milestone there. No need.
Keep in mind though, that 24-core box was only added to LSA 4 days ago, so that RAC is far from settled in at an accurate level. That system is crunching other projects too, as well as my Split CPID *also* causing some machines to have gotten multiple host cpid's so even all the daily production for this single host may be split. ( I haven't confirmed if this specific one is affected though.) And, the last excuse I'll make is I do have problems uploading larger results. Depending on the upload size (and LSA has larger uploads) I lose a percentage of my work to uploads that cannot be completed. Something up to almost 5% daily per host with this size uploads.

Daily production at LSA is about 10K though, so the credits really do still suck when compared to GPUS. Maybe I need to volunteer that 24 core host to do their post-processing for them.

The Project Admin has mentioned in the forums that the crunching power "has quadrupled since I made my announcement." Well, looking back 3 weeks, my own daily production is currently about 6 times what they had been getting donated up until then. And the project daily output yesterday shows I was about 50% of their total production. It seems sic* is ramping up to try to defend a position. Or at least hit a 5Mil MM like I'm hoping our team can do.