Thread: The XXXLs are back:)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

Re: The XXXLs are back:)

Just out of curiosity, 2x or 4x credit compared to what? Does it pay better than DiRT?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Just out of curiosity, 2x or 4x credit compared to what? Does it pay better than DiRT?
    2x or 4x the rate that they normally pay. They have a small number of very long tasks. They don't checkpoint (or least they did not used to), so you could easily lose a huge amount of crunching time due to something like a power glitch. To offset losses, and to keep people from leaving, they offer bonus credits for the long ones.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Al, you can ask for an Extension on the Deadline's in the Message Board >>> http://www.rechenkraft.net/phpBB/vie...p?f=75&t=10717 I had asked a few day's earlier before my system rebooted and the Wu's restarted at 0:00 Time ... I've started some new ones but only 1 on a Box in case of another reboot ...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Al, you can ask for an Extension on the Deadline's in the Message Board >>> http://www.rechenkraft.net/phpBB/vie...p?f=75&t=10717 I had asked a few day's earlier before my system rebooted and the Wu's restarted at 0:00 Time ... I've started some new ones but only 1 on a Box in case of another reboot ...
    Thanks Ste\/e. I'm trying to register at their boards, but they're not sending the activation email. Nothing in the spam folder either. I'll keep trying.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    They must Normally only pay about 12-15 Credits per hour as I'm only getting around 45 per hour now with their 2x-4x increase in Pay. So far I haven't had any fail so I'm okay with the Credit, all I want is the Hours run for the WUProp Badge's, the Credit a Project gives doesn't mean anything to me anymore ...