Thread: Bitcoinutopia P1,P2,P3 20 shares (opencl_nvidia_100) x86_64/linux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum Member

Re: Bitcoinutopia P1,P2,P3 20 shares (opencl_nvidia_100) x86_64/linux

Well, first attempt (on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 8800GT) only generated Compute Errors. I've yet to dig in to why. I suspended BU on that machine to get a chance to peek at the logs. I'll try an ATI card shortly.

EDIT: Easy. Seems "executables" need the Xecute bit set. Running my first task on the 8800 right now.

EDIT2: Got the ATI going! Plan class doesn't matter, but it does help to say in the app_info.xml that the GPU <type> required is an ATI one. Running my first task on a 5770 now.
    Last edited by Mumps; 08-15-13 at 09:22 PM.

Gold Member

Re: Bitcoinutopia P1,P2,P3 20 shares (opencl_nvidia_100) x86_64/linux

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Well, first attempt (on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 8800GT) only generated Compute Errors. I've yet to dig in to why. I suspended BU on that machine to get a chance to peek at the logs. I'll try an ATI card shortly.

EDIT: Easy. Seems "executables" need the Xecute bit set. Running my first task on the 8800 right now.

EDIT2: Got the ATI going! Plan class doesn't matter, but it does help to say in the app_info.xml that the GPU <type> required is an ATI one. Running my first task on a 5770 now.
    Yeah, I just now noticed the execute permission problem. I put a new tarball in there with a more complete app_info.xml and including some libraries. (still needs an edit for ATI)

On a side note, I've just opened a Dropbox account and I also put it there. Conveniently, there is a Linux Dropbox app for Gnome.

EDIT: GREAT NEWS!...by the way. I'm glad you got it working on...Ubuntu and ATI. Have you tried it on AMD and Intel MB's ?
    Last edited by trigggl; 08-16-13 at 09:56 AM.
    6r39 7r199