Thread: Would like to run this, buuuuttttt... (Config file help)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

Re: Would like to run this, buuuuttttt... (Config file help)

I can't speak to Lattice specifically but I would create an app_config.xml file in the project directory:

<app_config>
    <app>
    <name>xxxxxxxxxxx</name>
    <max_concurrent>x</max_concurrent>
    </app>
    </app_config>

For the "name" open your client_state file in the BOINC folder and search for lattice. The app should be tagged with <name> brackets.

Re: Would like to run this, buuuuttttt... (Config file help)

I've seen <max_concurrent>, but would that stop me from getting a buttload of WUs I had no chance of finishing? Is there a way to set an assignment limit? I think it's supposed to figure that out based on turnaround, but I don't know how long (and late WUs, exacerbating the project's problems) that would take. I suppose if there was such a limit setting, then the opposite would be true, and you could say, "Give me 10000000000 WUs!" to a project instead of having to go through the trouble of bunkering.

And I think the parameters I looked at were for the server side anyway. BOINC's documentation can get a little confusing.

Oh and I removed the project, so I couldn't find the user friendly name. Lattice just showed me the lattice sieve of another project. I'd like to stop this thing from giving me too many WUs before it starts, but I don't know if that can be done without adding it and taking the initial flood.