Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
"Our common future in Europe is not austerity, is the democracy, solidarity and cooperation."

"A Syriza government will respect Greece’s obligation, as a eurozone member, to maintain a balanced budget, and will commit to quantitative targets."

"Austerity is not part of the European treaties; democracy and the principle of popular sovereignty are."

Alexis Tsipras
"Precisamos de um novo pacto europeu se queremos superar esta crise", disse ele numa entrevista ao "Financial Times". "A crise não está só ligada à Grécia ou à Irlanda, ou Portugal. É uma crise estrutural da UE. Queremos pôr fim à austeridade e tentar negociar a nível europeu no seio de uma aliança de países periféricos", adianta. "Acho que é necessário romper com este quadro de Merkelismo e da hegemonia germânica.

"We need a new European pact if we want to overcome this crisis," he said in an interview with "Financial Times". "The crisis is linked to Greece or Ireland or Portugal. It is a structural crisis of the EU. We want to put an end to austerity and try to negotiate at European level within an alliance of peripheral countries," it said. "I think it's necessary to break with this Merkelismo above and the German hegemony."

I agree my friend Tsipras