Thread: AndrOINC project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuF123

Re: AndrOINC project

First of all thanks Mumps for sane reply, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Does it matter that much when the expected time to get the answer with any Brute-Force attack is measured in the huge time-frames they are?
    wow nice approach, so if we know it will take huge amount of time to break it doesn't matter what approach you take because you know you will fail anyhow? Why would you even try to break it then?

Donate your resources to some project that will actually make a difference.
    actually I was donating cpu power of both machines that I have, even offered help needed to host the project. The old one was nicely done, open-source and we knew what was going on. Then some guys came, DDoS-ed the old project and started this one.

Even the entire premise of the AndrOINC project is more self-serving than making a difference.
    Yes that's right. Even the old project had that character, but at least it was done in the right way. We won't find the numbers anyway, so I don't get why should anyone want to cheat? They could "harvest" points even on the old project - but no, they HAD to cheat. I don't get it.

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    Interested to know how he would know what "algorithms" they use.
    Yes if I woudln't know what algorithms they use so that implies they must be right.

I love to ask touchy questions in these communities because:
    a) I don't care about how much points I got
    b) I don't care about my "reputation" here, someone might be afraid to lose if he would questions other "friendly" team.
    Last edited by MuF123; 03-27-11 at 11:04 AM.