Thread: can't get GPU tasks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member

Re: can't get GPU tasks

There is a single machine that is able to get GPU tasks, and even then, only from a single project. All the clients are asking for GPU work, but get zero tasks in return. No comments about why in the messages. It's as if there is a BOINC-wide black list on my machines, but only for GPU tasks.

I wonder if there is a single project out there that is marking the client as "bad" to other projects or something?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Re: can't get GPU tasks

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    There is a single machine that is able to get GPU tasks, and even then, only from a single project. All the clients are asking for GPU work, but get zero tasks in return. No comments about why in the messages. It's as if there is a BOINC-wide black list on my machines, but only for GPU tasks.

I wonder if there is a single project out there that is marking the client as "bad" to other projects or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If it is all machines then nothing makes sense. If you are running BoincTasks make sure it didn't glitch and turned off GPU usage accidentally.
    The only Idea that comes to my mind is check this flag in the cc_config file....

<no_gpus>0</no_gpus>

Should be zero. If it is set to 1 it will block/refuse all GPU's.....

also look here....

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum...?id=6523#37639