Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Dual

Gold Member

Re: The Dual

Noticed the dustcloud coming up behind you????
    Yep, looks this dual is over. Congrats DrPop.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Yep, looks this dual is over. Congrats DrPop.
    Ahh Come on....You gonna let him win that easily...?

Past Administrator

PRACTICAL JOKE ALERT!

*PRACTICAL JOKE ALERT!* Joker: Don't be down man! *PRACTICAL JOKE ALERT!*

My good friend Joker,
    I must confess: Beer Drinker, Bryan and myself all hatched a great plan to pull a practical joke on YOU - the official JOKER of our team! Please forgive us, I don't want you to feel down or put out. It was all in good fun, I assure you!

OK, here's what went down: When Beer offered that AMD X4 cpu, I knew that by selling all my other hobby gear, I could scrape together just enough $ to build a rig that would probably match your output - or at least get really close...enough to make you sweat a little if we had a competition.

Well, long story short, since Bryan can put out over 2Mil per day by himself, we agreed that I would give him my BOINC login info, and as soon as I maxed out with the new rig dialed in, he would pick right up where I left off, and keep adding more points every day until we blew right by you. We hit that point today, but we didn't expect such a quick reaction from you, though! Bryan just put on a pair of 5870s to my account today, and that's how I reached over 1Mil. We had enough reserves to post over 2.6Mil per day at the end if everything went according to plan and the joke lasted long enough! The one really evil thing I did was photoshop the box from Beer, though! I will include a pic of the real box, it was actually small. Hehehe...notice I said there was A.I.R. (air and bubble wrap) in the box - if the joke went on long enough, we were going to think of something huge for that to stand for, but we never got that far. The "Secret Weapon" we were really referring to was actually Bryan, of course.

The Beerinator has been built, though, so most of the "race" was truthful up until my insane score today. So, here are the real specs of The Beerinator: Beer's AMD PhenomII X4 810 on MSI mobo w/ 4GB DDR3, dual 750GB SATAII HDDs in RAID0. I purchased one ATI 5870 and one 5850 GPU from Newegg. (That should explain the HEAT in the case!)
    The roughly 600K I put up yesterday was from mine alone; Bryan added one of his rigs on today, and that's why you saw my score nearly double.

I repeat, this was just a fun practical joke, and we hope there is no hard feelings. Please accept our apologies to anyone if we went overboard!

By the way, (and I hope he is cool with me telling this part), Bryan is the one that so generously donated the 680W PSU, and he ALSO sent a 4850 to Kat for her MW rig! She will have dual GPUs in the pink box when we get finished here - my old 4870 and Bryan's 4850...and those will be on MW 24/7 for the team! Thank you Bryan.
    Naturally, Beer donated his AMD PhenomII X4 810 to the cause. Thank you Beer Drinker.
    And of course, it wouldn't have gotten off the ground if Joker hadn't started the whole race by upgrading to dual 5830s + the 4870 no less! Thank you Joker.

Hope this is all taken the right way, team - we were just having some fun and energizing everyone for a good time.
    Now, if you're not too sore from the joking, we can slap each other a high five, and you can pat yourself on the back realizing you made me spend $800 on gear just to keep up with you! Not counting the parts that were donated to the cause!
    And...I would like to form the SETI.USA Bash Brothers Club - and you and I will be the first Bash Bros. I will come up with a good pic for our signature area if you're willing.
    Have a great night everyone! (And thanks Bryan for the "free" 600K points for SETI.USA today! )
    Jed
    realbox.jpg
    Last edited by DrPop; 11-01-10 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Attached Beer's Real box!

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

ROFL!!!! That's some good stuff.. I LOVE it!! I hope joker don't take it the wrong way.. I really enjoyed reading the thread, and wondering what the "secret weapon" was.. Good show Beer, DrPop and Bryan! Good show!!

Platinum Member

I've decided this was mean, and I'm going to take it the wrong way. Not sure what that wrong way is, but I'm going that way...

Actually, that's pretty awesome, DrPop. I like the Secret Weapon. You almost have me curious enough to test out what my max production could be if I went all "credit ho" instead of MM ho. Depending on my mood, I may do that once my 5870 comes back...

Oh, and you almost got me dragged into this, too. I came a little too close today to buying another video card. Unfortunately, the recliner I just bought prevented that.

Administrator

Joker, this proves the old adage from the song that DrPop "Has friends in low places". I qualify for that!

If we had carried this any further I had told everyone that I would tie onto you and give your hard fought lead back ... so it was all in fun. At least we were having fun

Gotcha

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Joker, this proves the old adage from the song that DrPop "Has friends in low places". I qualify for that!
    Bryan, you live Colorado. I'd buy "low friends in high places"...

Of course, if the whiskey drowns and the beer chases the blues away for Joker, then all is well...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Bryan, you live Colorado. I'd buy "low friends in high places"...
    Actually your description is more accurate I live at 7350' (2261 meters).

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Actually your description is more accurate I live at 7350' (2261 meters).
    Holy crap. All I remembered was CO. No wonder you're so goofy - you're high all the time...

Administrator

My brain doesn't get enough oxygen

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast