Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: World Community Grid: Launch of Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) capability for the Hel

grathomp

Re: World Community Grid: Launch of Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) capability for the

Are you getting workunits for your AMD card before you restart BOINC with the app_info.xml file in your project folder?

Silver Member

Re: World Community Grid: Launch of Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) capability for the

Quote Originally Posted by grathomp View Post
    Are you getting workunits for your AMD card before you restart BOINC with the app_info.xml file in your project folder?
    Yes

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Diamond Member

Out of my league nanoprobe.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Out of my league nanoprobe.
    I've run app_info files with 3 other projects without a hitch but this one has me stumped. Had a friend of mine who wrote a working one for his Nvidia cards write one he said should work on ATI but it doesn't work on mine.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Diamond Member

I would try to run WCG without the app_info and if I could do it I would presume that the problem was in the app else I would restart the Project or I would remove and reattach the project maybe that could solve it. Attention to the Boinc version you are using maybe an update could help you.

My knowledge about this is most generic. There are a lot of members that for sure know much more than me.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Friend of SETI.USA

The app worked on 1 of my 7970 Box's, had to get work first so I had the right files then shut down BOINC & add the app file. Running just 6 Wu's, 3 on each 7970, they run from 80 sec's up to 120 sec's each ... good, bad, indifferent, I don't know, only going to run a few then put the Box back on POEM until after the Challenge then may run more WCG on them ...

grathomp

Hey, nanoprobe. Try this one. I also included the Nvidea version of this app_info. This one works for me as well and was posted by glennaxl here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Diamond Member

Just FYI everyone:

Upside of app_info.xml: You can run multiple tasks per GPU

Upside of no app_info.xml: You can run HCC on your GPU, and a different sub-project on your CPU.

If you aren't planning on running any other sub-project other than HCC, go with the app_info. But if you want to crunch other sub-projects, then no app_info.xml.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    If you aren't planning on running any other sub-project other than HCC, go with the app_info. But if you want to crunch other sub-projects, then no app_info.xml.
    Haven't tested it, but it should be possible to also run other sub-projects even with app_info.xml, by copying the relevant parts about other applications from your client_state.xml and adding it to your app_info.xml

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rattledagger View Post
    Haven't tested it, but it should be possible to also run other sub-projects even with app_info.xml, by copying the relevant parts about other applications from your client_state.xml and adding it to your app_info.xml
    Absolutely true. If you can write or copy one. I haven't seen any yet. Just GPU-only.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast