Thread: Universe is acting hinkey.

Administrator

Universe is acting hinkey.

Is anyone else having issues with Universe?

The website says everything is running and has work but I can't get any. It will download only enough to fill the cores which it did and that's fine; however, I have free cores. BOINC sends a request but this is all I get:

Code:
    Aurora

107	Universe@Home	9/26/2016 2:31:29 PM	No tasks sent	
    106	Universe@Home	9/26/2016 2:31:29 PM	Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks	
    105	Universe@Home	9/26/2016 2:31:26 PM	Requesting new tasks for CPU	
    104	Universe@Home	9/26/2016 2:31:26 PM	Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Re: Universe is acting hinkey.

Aurora

731 Universe@Home 9/27/2016 6:44:54 AM Tasks are committed to other platforms
    What does this even mean???
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    What does this even mean???
    It usually means that you are running Windows and asking for work but they only have Linux tasks available or vice versa. I've been on some projects though that only have Linux or Windows applications and I was running both and still couldn't pull work

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It usually means that you are running Windows and asking for work but they only have Linux tasks available or vice versa. I've been on some projects though that only have Linux or Windows applications and I was running both and still couldn't pull work
    Stupid Universe and I'm only 1900 credits from my next badge.

Administrator

I just looked at the Universe server and they are out of the "reionization" work. They have 180k WU available for BHSpin so I'd assume you should be able to get work if you have that one enabled.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I just looked at the Universe server and they are out of the "reionization" work. They have 180k WU available for BHSpin so I'd assume you should be able to get work if you have that one enabled.
    I have all the projects checked. A couple days ago I was running BHSpin with no problems, then suddenly, it wouldn't send me any more work. I've even had BPU hitting it all morning and nothing.

Administrator

Decided to try their forum:

http://universeathome.pl/universe/fo...hp?id=177#1563

This issue has been going on for over a month; some people get wu's, some people don't. The Admin said they were going to make some changes but as of Sept 22 they have not. There has been no forum updates since as to their progress.

It does appear that I have enough wu's waiting validation to get my next badge so good news there.