PDA

View Full Version : No avatars?

zombie67
10-24-10, 09:28 PM
There is no option to use an avatar. But I see that some people have them?

DrPop
10-24-10, 09:34 PM
We will look into that, thank you!

Zombie, since you're up on projects - did I miss any of our big ones in the projects sub forums? I added any project we had more than 100Mil in off our Free-DC team stats.

zombie67
10-24-10, 09:42 PM
Let it grow organically. As people want to talk about more projects, they can create the thread for it. No point in creating something that no one will ever use, at least not until it is needed.

DrPop
10-24-10, 09:56 PM
Point well taken - just wanted to start it off in an organized fashion, so that's the reason for the sub forums of all our team's "big" projects.

zombie67
10-24-10, 10:06 PM
We will look into that, thank you!

In addition to the normal way to upload or link to avatar pictures, how about also allowing us to use gravitar, like the BOINC forums?

Mr. Hankey
10-24-10, 10:24 PM
In addition to the normal way to upload or link to avatar pictures, how about also allowing us to use gravitar, like the BOINC forums?

Not sure what gravitar is, but avatars should be working for everyone are you not able to configure them in your profile?

zombie67
10-24-10, 10:32 PM
Not sure what gravitar is, but avatars should be working for everyone are you not able to configure them in your profile?

gravitar.com. If you go into your community preferences on any BOINC project (that is not still on ancient server code), one option is to use gravitar. It is a central place to set your avatar. And any forum that uses it will be updated automatically.

No, there is no option to use an avatar. There is a single radio button, "Do not use an avatar". There are no other options.

Mr. Hankey
10-24-10, 10:32 PM
Should be fixed, try it again.

DrPop
10-24-10, 10:33 PM
I looked at the VBulletin FAQ, and it sounds like something the administrator has to allow for different kinds of users.

EDIT: You fixed it! :cool: Before, there was no option for "Custom Avatar" available.
Thanks.

zombie67
10-24-10, 10:51 PM
Thanks! FYI, the max size is smaller than we had on the old forum. Old was 125x125, 19.4kb. This forum is 80x80, 19.5kb

Mr. Hankey
10-24-10, 10:58 PM
It is now set to 125x125

zombie67
10-24-10, 11:19 PM
It is now set to 125x125

Sweeeeeeeet! <---word lengthened to meet the 10 character minimum

c303a
10-25-10, 09:59 AM
Looks like a lot of work has already gone into this project. Thank you all.

Crazybob
10-28-10, 02:05 PM
Where do you find the settings to upload your avatar? I was able to upload the picture, but when I do a members list, under avatar, nothing shows up.

DrBob
10-28-10, 05:20 PM
Where do you find the settings to upload your avatar? I was able to upload the picture, but when I do a members list, under avatar, nothing shows up.It would appear that your "Profile Picture" & Avatar image are separate beings on this board. I'm guessing you uploaded a "Profile Picture" but have not yet uploaded an Avatar image?
"Edit Avatar" link on your settings page, just below the "Edit Profile Picture" link...

Mr. Hankey
10-28-10, 06:48 PM
Where do you find the settings to upload your avatar? I was able to upload the picture, but when I do a members list, under avatar, nothing shows up.

DrBob is correct, there is a profile picture and an avatar picture. You current graphic is showing up as your profile picture, you just need to also upload that to your avatar.

try this link http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/profile.php?do=editavatar