PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION ALL FACEBOOK MEMBERS; Facebook App for BOINC milestones posting!

rgathright
03-21-11, 03:22 PM
There is a cool Facebook app that Bok created. Every time you achieve a mega milestone, it posts a notice to your Facebook.com page. I have had several people see it and ask about it. "What is BOINC? What is project so-and-so?"

If you are on Facebook, add the app and show off your accomplishments!:cool:

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=89761986536

Make sure you have your CPID ready so it can locate your BOINC milestones.

Maxwell
03-21-11, 04:32 PM
I got in trouble when I first set it up because my parents thought I was playing games instead of working. Until I explained it...

And yeah - it's pretty awesome. But I deactivated in the same time I deactivated FB...

rgathright
03-21-11, 04:47 PM
I got in trouble when I first set it up because my parents thought I was playing games instead of working. Until I explained it...

And yeah - it's pretty awesome. But I deactivated in the same time I deactivated FB...

Sorry to hear you had to deactivate your Facebook. Whatever the reason was, we enjoy your participation here with the team! :D

Dandasarge
03-21-11, 04:52 PM
Thanks for this post! I didn't know about this.

DrPop
03-21-11, 06:43 PM
Just added the milestones app! :cool:

Maxwell
03-21-11, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear you had to deactivate your Facebook. Whatever the reason was, we enjoy your participation here with the team! :D
The reason was that I hate Facebook, especially the privacy settings. And since people generally avoid the "going to get some vacuuming done while my child is down for a nap" sorts of posts here, I like this forum... ;)

shiva
04-24-11, 09:10 PM
this is a very cool app, I think I was the first person to sign up for it, at least that was the way I understood the email I got from Bok. I would be glad to add any of you guys, even though I don't do alot with FB. you should be able to find me under Rick Wheeler or here http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1155109914

denim
04-25-11, 09:13 PM
I have had it rolling for a while. Nice feature. :)

Dandasarge
04-25-11, 09:22 PM
I got a stop playing on facebook at work e-mail's? i was like what are you talking about, they are like you keep posting your new high scores. It turns out it was the boinc thing.