PDA

View Full Version : laptop abuse

GregK
03-21-11, 09:12 PM
my daughter now for the secont time has spilled a beverage on my lappy its a dell c600 850mhz 256 ram. last time was milk a few days ago so much it ran straight through it dripping out the bottom. i dried it for a day with a fan on it and it fired right up. its running ok now but it was spotty for most the day. i am surprised it still works! someone just gave me a 2ghz desktop just needs ram. and a lappy its a acer aspire 5515 needs a powercord new screen and if i get picky a new keyboard. (has 2 keys missing). looks like someone took it closed and smashed it a few times on an edge. anyway i have the powercord ordered. 8 bucks. ill see in a few if it fires up. fingers are crossed. the lappy is i think 1.7ghz but it has 3 gigs of ram! and a nice multirecorder high speed rw dvd drive.

Fire$torm
03-22-11, 09:22 AM
;9321']my daughter now for the secont time has spilled a beverage on my lappy its a dell c600 850mhz 256 ram. last time was milk a few days ago so much it ran straight through it dripping out the bottom. i dried it for a day with a fan on it and it fired right up. its running ok now but it was spotty for most the day. i am surprised it still works! someone just gave me a 2ghz desktop just needs ram. and a lappy its a acer aspire 5515 needs a powercord new screen and if i get picky a new keyboard. (has 2 keys missing). looks like someone took it closed and smashed it a few times on an edge. anyway i have the powercord ordered. 8 bucks. ill see in a few if it fires up. fingers are crossed. the lappy is i think 1.7ghz but it has 3 gigs of ram! and a nice multirecorder high speed rw dvd drive.

There are several different ways to clean your laptop. They all involve taking it apart. The best one that I know of is Electronic Parts Cleaner. It comes in a spray can and can be found at many of the industrial supply stores like Grainger and GrayBar. Radio Shack, Best Buy and Micro Center might carry it. In a WELL ventilated room. spray all your parts except the HDD and let it all drip dry.

GregK
03-22-11, 10:09 AM
thanks i will do that if it becomes nesscessary. i thought the ram was burned out cause of the dried up milk all over em. but no it runs ok. i can only imagine how much work it'd be to do that. 10k minute pieces crammed together. definately my fault for keeping it out for her to use.