PDA

View Full Version : trying out a new 338

shiva
01-23-17, 07:30 PM
had an interesting afternoon today. took a new 338 out to do a little shooting. it has a new fangled scope on it. damn thing is a computer. I haven't used one before, but it has wifi in it. once it is all set up it will check the weather, and wind conditions and make adjustment to the scope. didn't get it all figured out but at least figured out how to one shot sight it in. got to try out the night vision in it out too. we think it is going to be one hell of a scope if we are smart enough to figure it out.

Bryan
01-23-17, 11:48 PM
had an interesting afternoon today. took a new 338 out to do a little shooting. it has a new fangled scope on it. damn thing is a computer. I haven't used one before, but it has wifi in it. once it is all set up it will check the weather, and wind conditions and make adjustment to the scope. didn't get it all figured out but at least figured out how to one shot sight it in. got to try out the night vision in it out too. we think it is going to be one hell of a scope if we are smart enough to figure it out.

Now that sounds cools Rick. What kind of a scope is it?

STMahlberg
01-24-17, 06:40 AM
Computerized scope, wifi, weather adjustment, night vision.... damn. Welcome to the future! :D

shiva
01-24-17, 11:58 AM
it is a X-sight HD here is a link to the information http://manual.atncorp.com/xsight/#unpacking this is the full manual. tells you all about it.left side is a good index of the manual. we were using it on a 338 lapua which is a blast to shoot but is a downer on costs per shot.

DrPop
01-24-17, 12:42 PM
Man, THAT is awesome! :D I gave my .338 to my bro up in Alaska when we moved down here to SoCal 8 years ago...so unfortunately I'm no longer a member of that club, but it's a nice round. Sounds like a GREAT new "toy" er..."tool".... :)

dcushing
01-29-17, 10:12 PM

U got Louisiana shrimp, I want some Kansas pheasant!

shiva
02-08-17, 01:25 AM
U got Louisiana shrimp, I want some Kansas pheasant!Louisiana shrimp is easer to come by than Kansas pheasants. haven' had one myself for about 6 years.

MindCrime
02-08-17, 04:12 PM
338 lapua, doesn't it have crazy good ballistics? Like with a good rifle 1moa at like 2k yrds? Also I think it's too large for pheasant unless all you want are feathers :)

shiva
02-08-17, 07:50 PM
338 lapua, doesn't it have crazy good ballistics? Like with a good rifle 1moa at like 2k yrds? Also I think it's too large for pheasant unless all you want are feathers :)yes yes and yes. :) just a little on the big side for pheasants. I will get ont the shotgun for them.