PDA

View Full Version : Team ToolBar problems

Ricky Moore
03-28-11, 05:36 PM
I am having problems with the Team Toolbar crashing IE8/9 I had to disable that add on along with search engine it uses.

Ricky Moore
04-01-11, 08:54 PM
The lack of replies tell me not many use the Toolbar anymore!

But here is an update for those that use it...

On my PC's where the Toolbar is not set to Auto update the Toolbar still works with IE8. I am guessing that something in the last update causes IE to crash or as Windows 8/9 puts it "Stop Working"

So those that use it and not had the updates I would turn off the Auto-update.

Dandasarge
04-01-11, 09:02 PM
I still use it, I have no issues with it crashing though

Maxwell
04-01-11, 09:19 PM
I used to use it, but the project list is so outdated that it is not terribly useful to me.

DrPop
04-01-11, 09:53 PM
Sorry, I never use any toolbars at all, so I don't know much about ours. Is this something you need an admin to take a look at and try to fix, or is this just a "relic" from old crunching days gone by, that not many people would use now?

If you need me to look at it, just send me a PM.
Thanks.

Maxwell
04-01-11, 10:28 PM
Sorry, I never use any toolbars at all, so I don't know much about ours. Is this something you need an admin to take a look at and try to fix, or is this just a "relic" from old crunching days gone by, that not many people would use now?

I *think* BJ was the Toolbar creator/maintainer, so not an admin thing. I think it would be great if we had a team one...

Dandasarge
04-01-11, 10:52 PM
I was playing on it today at work, i'll add it to my pet project list.

Ricky Moore
04-02-11, 04:07 PM
I am not sure but the toolbar has been sending out updates either from the people that maintains the search engine or the toolbar apps center. All I know is the last update about 2 weeks ago cause my IE9 to stop working. The other laptops and Desktop that have not been updated work fine with IE8. Not installed IE9 on any but 1 laptop.

Anyway I downgraded it back to IE8 and it still stop working. In fact it would not even load the home page.

I disabled all "addons" and turned them on one at a time until I found that it was the Team Toolbar causing the problem. Like I said the other PC's that are not updated with the new Toolbar update are working fine.

If I am the only one using it then don't worry about it.

I did send feedback to Tech support for the toolbar/search engine about the problem.

Ricky Moore
04-06-11, 10:46 AM
Went back and install an older Team Toolbar and it works with IE8 with no problem. This again tells me that the last update they did mess things up for me!