PDA

View Full Version : Cosmology: New camb_boinc2docker workunits temporarily disabled

RSS
05-10-17, 01:30 PM
Hi all, in an effort to keep the server functioning smoothly (its operating pretty close to capacity with all the extra traffic from the Pentathlon) I've disabled creation of new camb_boinc2docker jobs until the contest is over on May 19th. All your in-progress camb_boinc2docker work will finish and be validated, this only means no *new* work for this application will be sent out by the server. If you wish to continue crunching Virtualbox applications (like camb_boinc2docker was), there should be enough planck_param_sims jobs, just make sure you haven't explicitly disabled this application in your preferences. Good luck and happy crunching!

More... (https://www.cosmologyathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=7482)

Mumps
05-10-17, 03:20 PM
Sheesh!!! Gotta love the timing...

John P. Myers
05-10-17, 03:31 PM
The announcement of Yoyo would reduce the strain on his server. This is just an idiot move

scole of TSBT
05-10-17, 03:33 PM
I read that as "We really, really want to complete all the planck WUs as soon as possible"

Mumps
05-10-17, 03:35 PM
Well, the nice thing is, now everyone is playing on planck, so there isn't any advantage left due to docker paying better. :)

Bryan
05-10-17, 03:35 PM
I read that as "We really, really want to complete all the planck WUs as soon as possible"

-or- the validator can handle planck but docker kicks it in the butt =))

cineon_lut
05-10-17, 06:52 PM
Well I'm still loaded up QUITE well on docker. I have the tasks suspended in an effort to get LHC and YOYO bunkers going. But a nice bit of Docker credits in a few days ought to be nice :D