PDA

View Full Version : Where is Beerdrinker?

joker
03-28-11, 11:57 PM
Have not seen you around very much these days. Did you get a new girlfriend? :p

DrPop
03-29-11, 01:09 AM
I'm sure he'll check in soon - he stopped by the new Admin thread ;) - anyway, I got a PM from him recently, an R.L. Has been kicking some serious hind end over there...

GregK
03-29-11, 08:33 AM
yes hard times for sure but we all must remember and trust our government is doing its best for the average joe and below average joe

Beerdrinker
03-29-11, 03:04 PM
Hey Guys.

As DrPop correctly posted...I have been hit good and hard by RL.

1. My car broke down. Real down. So I had to sell to highest bidder and buy another car....So long savings.....X_X. So I shut everything not needed down, in order to consolidate my money and to have the upper hand on my exspenses. Things are not to stabilized yet....

2. My work are having trouble. They are sending people off on leave...In order to KEEP them employed. I have been spending my time working my arse off to prove me a trusted employee - so I do not get layed off. Like most other people losing my job = losing my house..

So there you have it. Thatīs what I have been doing.

Oh...And one more thing...I got a small tax return!....I invested some off them on energysaving ligthbulbs. I replaced 8 normal ones with these "puppies"...The diff. on those makes up for 10-15$ per month....It adds up and helps me keep exspenses down!

Gopher_FreeDC
03-29-11, 04:39 PM
Yeah I got some nice energy saving bulbs, these puppies weren't cheap but hmm 9w ses type, equivalent to 40w of light, yeah don't think I've seen a 40w give this much light out, makes the others one I have look yellow, oh and they come on instantly, no "warm up time" like working outside. I got 3 of 'em 27w instead of 120w oh yeah savings.

GregK
03-29-11, 04:52 PM
every single bulb cept my fridge has been cfl for 2 yrs now or so. well goodluck beer! glad you posted.

Beerdrinker
03-30-11, 12:43 AM
;9835']every single bulb cept my fridge has been cfl for 2 yrs now or so. well goodluck beer! glad you posted.

Off course Greg.....I would not have you go around thinking that I just vansihed without a word eh?

joker
03-30-11, 01:46 AM
Hate the hear about your situation but it is nice to see you back of the forums. My best to you.

zombie67
03-30-11, 08:12 PM
I have had rotten luck with CFL. I put them all over my house, 30-40 of them. Not one lasted more than a year. That is serious cash out the door! Not cheep!

Beer, I hope your luck is better!

Dandasarge
03-30-11, 09:33 PM
I have had rotten luck with CFL. I put them all over my house, 30-40 of them. Not one lasted more than a year. That is serious cash out the door! Not cheep!

Beer, I hope your luck is better!

I have them every place, they do not like dimmers or auto switches or cold or bad power. other then that they are great! Yes glad to see Beer is still alive.

Maxwell
03-30-11, 09:55 PM
I have them every place, they do not like dimmers or auto switches or cold or bad power. other then that they are great! Yes glad to see Beer is still alive.
Oh dear god yes. I burned out several before I figured out the dawn-to-dusk sensor was to blame...

Fire$torm
03-31-11, 11:48 AM
Beer, good to hear your giving RL a good fight. Give no quarter and take no prisoners. A toast to Beardrinker!

*Cheers*

Beerdrinker
03-31-11, 02:08 PM
Beer, good to hear your giving RL a good fight. Give no quarter and take no prisoners. A toast to Beardrinker!

*Cheers*

Thanks mate. I sure am giving RL a kick in the nutts...I am not going to quit that easy.

Actually gonna turn the crunching back on in the weekend...Not full bore...But just a little to make my guilty conscience go away.

joker
03-31-11, 02:15 PM
I'll drink a beer for ya mate. :-)

Gopher_FreeDC
03-31-11, 03:53 PM
Oh dear god yes. I burned out several before I figured out the dawn-to-dusk sensor was to blame...

Yes Maxwell, they are getting better though, you can get one that you can use with a dimmer, the sensor one I'm guessing it wasn't a clean on/off or there was a standing voltage...
You could probably build one that would work perfectly, you just need to make sure when it's off , it's off...

DrPop
03-31-11, 05:27 PM
Thanks mate. I sure am giving RL a kick in the nutts...I am not going to quit that easy.

Actually gonna turn the crunching back on in the weekend...Not full bore...But just a little to make my guilty conscience go away.

Just a little help in the PG Challange, mate? ;) I know you love a good round of PG...:cool: