PDA

View Full Version : credits blow goat wang!!! plz help meh!

jeeprnovru
03-30-11, 09:38 PM
ive been running seti@home since 3/11/2011 on my laptop and its only showing ive done like 750credits!!!!!!!!! ahhhh!!! what is wrong? also on free-dc ive set up my account and all that and entered my cpid in stats tool and its showing gooseggs! why am i having a credit crisis here?

Maxwell
03-30-11, 09:59 PM
You're having a crisis because SETI@Home pays terrible credits. That's why. And, they export infrequently. And it's run very poorly.

What can you do? Crunch a different project. Go for credits, go for science, whatever you're interested in. Let us know what you're interested in, and we'll point you in the right direction.

jeeprnovru
03-30-11, 10:10 PM
You're having a crisis because SETI@Home pays terrible credits. That's why. And, they export infrequently. And it's run very poorly.

What can you do? Crunch a different project. Go for credits, go for science, whatever you're interested in. Let us know what you're interested in, and we'll point you in the right direction.

welp...i was intrested in science, till science gave me the wood on credits, so i switched to andoinc just now after reading this, if there is anything better let me know!

thanks maxwel your a life saver!

zombie67
03-30-11, 10:28 PM
welp...i was intrested in science, till science gave me the wood on credits, so i switched to andoinc just now after reading this, if there is anything better let me know!

Also, I believe that SETI uses a quorum for validation. So it could be that you have a lot of "pending" credits, waiting for your wingmen to return their tasks.

DrPop
03-30-11, 10:31 PM

hahaha, I'm trying to stay in my chair, I'm laughing so hard. Welcome to PHASE 2 as a cruncher! :D =)) You sure got through PHASE 1 a LOT faster than I did (I crunched ONLY SETI@home off and on for years on a lowly P4...for a psaltry 349K!)
I honestly think this happens to everyone who crunches long enough, sooner or later. The only solution is to crunch a high paying project, like Maxwell suggested. Either AndrOINC, AQUA, or (at least for now) Primaboinca.
You picked a good one. Watch your credits literally sky rocket in 24 hours. ;)

One other thing - are you all CPU at the moment, or do you have any GPUs to crunch with as well?

GregK
03-30-11, 10:39 PM
primegrid pps (sieve) is one of the top payers. btw congrats for getting off seti! ;)

jeeprnovru
03-30-11, 10:47 PM
hahaha, I'm trying to stay in my chair, I'm laughing so hard. Welcome to PHASE 2 as a cruncher! :D =)) You sure got through PHASE 1 a LOT faster than I did (I crunched ONLY SETI@home off and on for years on a lowly P4...for a psaltry 349K!)
I honestly think this happens to everyone who crunches long enough, sooner or later. The only solution is to crunch a high paying project, like Maxwell suggested. Either AndrOINC, AQUA, or (at least for now) Primaboinca.
You picked a good one. Watch your credits literally sky rocket in 24 hours. ;)

One other thing - are you all CPU at the moment, or do you have any GPUs to crunch with as well?

until i finish my bulid im all cpu on my laptop...also how do i fully kill seti? it keeps poping up in my tasks even though i keep aborting it? its still showing up in my sig and androinc isnt even thoght i did add it into my free-dc.

yep i had to shift to PHASE 2, how am i gonna be a top-gunner and suck wind?

Maxwell
03-30-11, 10:55 PM
until i finish my bulid im all cpu on my laptop...also how do i fully kill seti? it keeps poping up in my tasks even though i keep aborting it? its still showing up in my sig and androinc isnt even thoght i did add it into my free-dc.

yep i had to shift to PHASE 2, how am i gonna be a top-gunner and suck wind?
In your BOINC manager (make sure you're in advance view), on the "Projects" tab, highlight SETI@Home and click the button "No New Tasks". Then, on the "Tasks" tab, highlight all the SETI@Home Work units and click "Abort". It will ask if you're sure, and you are. That will fully rid you of the SETI WUs and prevent you from getting more.

And SETI will always show up in your stats pages. You want credit for your work! ;-)

Crazybob's Son
03-31-11, 11:25 AM
In your BOINC manager (make sure you're in advance view), on the "Projects" tab, highlight SETI@Home and click the button "No New Tasks". Then, on the "Tasks" tab, highlight all the SETI@Home Work units and click "Abort". It will ask if you're sure, and you are. That will fully rid you of the SETI WUs and prevent you from getting more.

And SETI will always show up in your stats pages. You want credit for your work! ;-)

You could do this, or you could click the SETI project, click suspend, then click reset project. This will wipe out all the workunits and you wont have to click each individual one.

DrPop
03-31-11, 01:06 PM
Or, you could send a nice, choicely worded email to the project admins at SETI and tell them TO UP THEIR (insert appropriate choice here) CREDITS already! :mad: