PDA

View Full Version : Strange computer power on behavior

DrPop
11-09-17, 03:11 PM
This one's got me a little stumped. Just happened yesterday for the first time. If I turn the home rig on, everything power up like normal, except there is no video output to the screen. If I hit the reset button and power buttons enough to make it finally turn off, the next time I press the power button, it fires up normally, this time with video output to the monitor.
It's done this twice now.
Any ideas? Both GPU and PSU are pretty new - about 2 months old.

Al
11-09-17, 05:36 PM
This one's got me a little stumped. Just happened yesterday for the first time. If I turn the home rig on, everything power up like normal, except there is no video output to the screen. If I hit the reset button and power buttons enough to make it finally turn off, the next time I press the power button, it fires up normally, this time with video output to the monitor.

Don't shut it off? =))

DrPop
11-09-17, 06:06 PM
Don't shut it off? =))

Heh, I guess that's better than what I thought you were gonna say, "time to buy a Threadripper!" :D

dcushing
11-10-17, 12:12 AM

I have that same problem from time to time.... I turn off the power button to the PSU, count to 20, and turn it back on...
Video comes back on...
In otherwords, I cold start it.