PDA

View Full Version : dead

shiva
12-21-17, 11:53 AM
dang this place is dead. as slow as I ever remember. thought I would make some kind of post just to see if it would still work. :) it would seem as though we all are having extended Christmas celebrations. hope that is what is going on any way.

DrPop
12-21-17, 12:07 PM
Yeah, we've been busy as heck here, trying to get everything wrapped up to leave on the weekend. I've pretty much got my crunchers on autopilot at the moment. They're even doing some SETI! =))>-) ;)

shiva
12-21-17, 01:15 PM
Yeah, we've been busy as heck here, trying to get everything wrapped up to leave on the weekend. I've pretty much got my crunchers on autopilot at the moment. They're even doing some SETI! =))>-) ;)dont tell Bryan you are doing that, SETI work, he might make fun of you.>-)=:)

c303a
12-21-17, 01:21 PM
dont tell Bryan you are doing that, SETI work, he might make fun of you.>-)=:)

He's not the only one who might make fun of you. You might as well go out of your door and yell for ET to come talk to you.:D:D:D>-)>-)

Bryan
12-21-17, 02:57 PM
Well there goes another theory of mine down the drain. I always thought you had to have some intelligence and sense to be a doctor ... guess not :D

c303a
12-21-17, 04:39 PM
It must depend on what type of Dr. you are. Remember some college profs are considered to be Phd's and I know some of them that shouldn't be teaching kindergarten classes.

Dave gpu
12-21-17, 06:52 PM
Hello anybody here =))=))

Ron Shurtz
12-21-17, 07:32 PM
Still here.
Not that I post much.
I never learned to type or spell, so pecking at the keyboard takes some ambition.

Lost my 10 year old router a couple of days ago.
Snagged a new one and I'm now getting the speeds from my ISP that I'm paying for.

Major D'OH! moment for the years I've been putting up with self throttled internet. #-o

I recently retired (Sept 11th) but found that the myth that you're busier at times than before you did to be true for me.

Almost got this Christmas thing under control.

Hope everyone has a great one!

Justgeo1
12-21-17, 08:17 PM
Still here, just not doing much and my health is crap...

shiva
12-21-17, 09:12 PM
It must depend on what type of Dr. you are. Remember some college profs are considered to be Phd's and I know some of them that shouldn't be teaching kindergarten classes.

boy I sure do agree with that. :) some of them must have miserable lives, it seems that is all they teach is how to go through life being an ass.

shiva
12-21-17, 09:16 PM
I recently retired (Sept 11th) but found that the myth that you're busier at times than before you did to be true for me.

I have been retired for a few years now and I still find I don't know how I ever had time to go to work. sure don't have time to be bored. :) doing more things I want to do other than things I had to do. :)

shiva
12-21-17, 09:26 PM
we just finished up processing our 4th deer today, well I still have to cook 20 lbs of jerky tomorrow. take me a few hours on the bq's. still have 3 tags to fill after the first of the year. not sure we are going to fill them though. we had a pack of coyotes take down a 400 lb calf the other night so we spent some time trying to call them. no luck there then we lost 3 more baby calves to them. so we brought in the traps. got 4 the last 2 nights. must be at least 10 more in the area as we had 3 packs answering our calling.

Ron Shurtz
12-21-17, 09:59 PM
Wow!
Don't see too many coyotes around T-town.
A few stragglers around the outskirts have taken out my brother-in-law's family pets now and then.
You have a bounty on them in your area?

shiva
12-21-17, 10:53 PM
Wow!
Don't see too many coyotes around T-town.
A few stragglers around the outskirts have taken out my brother-in-law's family pets now and then.
You have a bounty on them in your area?no not a bounty but we can sell the skins for 25.00. the farm is located about a mile south of the smoke hill river. lots of grass land and canyons in the area, prime coyote country.

John P. Myers
12-21-17, 11:32 PM
Still here running some Asteroids. This past year has been a real struggle financially and it's caused me to be less active. Maybe things will be better by summer.

Btw what's the invite code for xansons?

Bryan
12-22-17, 09:09 AM
Btw what's the invite code for xansons?

The invitation code is: x4c-updates

I had to search the forums and found that it shows only on the project accounts of existing users. That way team members can let the other folks on their team create accounts. I didn't know they had added that little quirk.

The bulk of the work has already been done but they will release a small amount of work something like once a month. They just did some a couple of weeks ago.

c303a
12-22-17, 10:21 AM
Grand daughter is taking nursing and talks about a prof teaching about eating healthy while he is at the front weighing 300 lbs and eating a huge chocolate bar. Of course my daughter had one that used to leave the assignment in a note on the door while he was doing "research" so class was canceled for the day. Nothing like spending money for nothing.

Mumps
12-22-17, 01:05 PM
My brother was the FA for a Chemistry Professor back when he was working through college. He led the class more often than the Professor did.

cineon_lut
12-22-17, 03:49 PM
Wow Shiva! Lots of stuff going on in your neck of the woods! I've been on a shoot for the whole month of December. 7 day weeks, 12+ hour days or nights. I'm typing this from the back of an Uber on my way to the airport to head home for Xmas/NEw years. Then back for Jan.

Thanks for the xansions code, Bryan!!! I may try that out. Anyone want to hit the Rosetta challenge against boinc Italy?

Vic (mobile)

Mumps
12-22-17, 04:28 PM
Well, I could always use some Rosetta credits, and with me finally hitting my goal on YoYo/Evolution, I guess I might have a few cores to throw in. Just added one new host and find there is no "Rosetta" work currently available. Only the "Rosetta Mini" app that I don't want hours on. That's the challenge that starts after the New Year, right?

Bryan
12-22-17, 04:40 PM
The Rosetta challenge starts on the 27th at 0800 UTC. The WU have a 8 day deadline so you can bet your bottom dollar Italy has been bunkering big time.

I ran a Rosetta challenge in early Oct and found a trick on it. If you bunker you have no choice but to load up with long running WU so you get enough. When it goes live you want to set it for 1 hour WU, kill your cache, and then set it for .01/.01.

The project releases new WU strains quite regularly. Until it gets enough back to know how long they take it pays 5-10X normal credits for them - kinda like credit screw. Once enough of each type is returned then it knows what they should be and reduces the credits accordingly. If you have a very very small cache you'll get these while they are paying higher than normal. If you have a big cache then by the time you get around to crunching them the project will have already reduced the payout. You'll get 50-75% more daily credits if you do this :D

DrPop
12-22-17, 09:59 PM
Wow...feeling the SETI love here, guys! :rolleyes: The goal is more to start in on that elusive 25M, more than find little green men. But with the way they dole out credits, I might be a senior citizen before that happens! :))
I'm up for a Rosetta run if we're doing it...what's the overall consensus?

shiva
12-22-17, 10:22 PM
Wow Shiva! Lots of stuff going on in your neck of the woods! I've been on a shoot for the whole month of December. 7 day weeks, 12+ hour days or nights. I'm typing this from the back of an Uber on my way to the airport to head home for Xmas/NEw years. Then back for Jan.

Thanks for the xansions code, Bryan!!! I may try that out. Anyone want to hit the Rosetta challenge against boinc Italy?

Vic (mobile)

its gotten worse. I've had to shut down a bunch of my puters. don't know what is going on but we are having low voltage in the house. Its a problem in house. had it for two days then stopped for two days now it is back. any time the heater or microwave starts up the lights dim. with the microwave there isn't enough power to run the thing right. I only had one server that it was effecting so far, but I have shut 5 boxes off. may try putting them back on line but i'm concerned that I might loose them. electrician not coming till after Christmas guess I will just deal with it till then.

DrPop
12-22-17, 10:42 PM
I wonder if it's a grounding issue or corrosion on the lines or something. So it's not tripping anything, just dim lights or low power nuker?

cineon_lut
12-23-17, 04:59 AM
Sounds like a phase got lost in a nearby transformer. The symptoms you describe, at least

shiva
12-23-17, 08:26 AM
had the power company here and they say that their side tests normal. I have a breaker box outside that has one running to the box in the house, two others to breaker boxes in the garages and another box for the hot tub and one to the koi pond. he said that the ground looked like it had been hot. guess I will have to wait till after Christmas to get that looked at. small towns you know. :)