PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte now owns the world. WARNING! Severe drool factor!

John P. Myers
04-01-11, 10:03 PM
Freakin' 8-way SLI/Crossfire (yeah, I said "8-way"), 22 SATA 3 connections + more craziness. Start saving your money now! (http://www.legitreviews.com/news/10394/) :D

Dandasarge
04-01-11, 10:58 PM
Freakin' 8-way SLI/Crossfire (yeah, I said "8-way"), 22 SATA 3 connections + more craziness. Start saving your money now! (http://www.legitreviews.com/news/10394/) :D

Its a photo shopped P67A-UD7... you cant do anything with all that on 4 sticks of ram.

DrPop
04-01-11, 11:05 PM
Unfortunately, I am almost positive that's an Apr. Fools joke on all of us.

On a serious note - do you think a single CPU could keep up with feeding that many GPUs? (Actual question to any of the gurus.)

John P. Myers
04-02-11, 12:03 AM

On a serious note - do you think a single CPU could keep up with feeding that many GPUs? (Actual question to any of the gurus.)

Haha, of course it's an April Fool's joke. didn't see anyone else posting any so figured i might as well :p

In the "description" of the board, it claims to be a socket LGA2011 (which is real and due out in Q3 this year). A chip from that socket could easily feed that many GPUs.

Dandasarge
04-02-11, 12:09 AM

they have 12 core cpu's coming out now. I dont think they make a PS that could feed the power requirements, and i'm sure the lanes in the MB would be toast in hours under full load. To even joke about it would take gold threads. yes its possible would be a 1500+ for the mobo probably another 1200 for the PS but you would need 32gb of ram to even 1/2 use it to what it could do and would take 1/2 ton of ac to keep it from over heating. It would look like someone crammed a server room into a box.

John P. Myers
04-02-11, 12:14 AM
they have 12 core cpu's coming out now. I dont think they make a PS that could feed the power requirements, and i'm sure the lanes in the MB would be toast in hours under full load. To even joke about it would take gold threads. yes its possible would be a 1500+ for the mobo probably another 1200 for the PS but you would need 32gb of ram to even 1/2 use it to what it could do and would take 1/2 ton of ac to keep it from over heating. It would look like someone crammed a server room into a box.

actually silver is a much better conductor than gold. plus Gigabyte always doubles the amount of copper used in it's circuits over everyone else anyway. But for that many lanes to actually fit and wind their way around the board to where they need to go, they'd have to be a third of normal size. So yeah, there'd be problems.

Dandasarge
04-02-11, 12:18 AM
actually silver is a much better conductor than gold. plus Gigabyte always doubles the amount of copper used in it's circuits over everyone else anyway. But for that many lanes to actually fit and wind their way around the board to where they need to go, they'd have to be a third of normal size. So yeah, there'd be problems.

you could go to a thicker board

DrPop
04-02-11, 01:29 AM
Hmmm...doesn't look like I'll be getting one any time soon then. Darn! =))

I really, really want to see an AMD Bulldozer in action soon, though. I wish they'd hurry it up a little, Intel handed them this year on a silver platter with their Sandybridge snafu - but looks like AMD couldn't even capitalize on that, LOL! What's it gonna take for them, Christmas? :p

John P. Myers
04-02-11, 01:46 AM
Hmmm...doesn't look like I'll be getting one any time soon then. Darn! =))

I really, really want to see an AMD Bulldozer in action soon, though. I wish they'd hurry it up a little, Intel handed them this year on a silver platter with their Sandybridge snafu - but looks like AMD couldn't even capitalize on that, LOL! What's it gonna take for them, Christmas? :p

I'm really disappointed with the Sandy Bridge line so far. Quad core is the best they can do? All the Q2 releases are going to be dual core. GRRRRR!

But the Q2 Xeon's will be 8 to 10 cores! What the hell is wrong with Intel...
Wait! I have a brilliant idea! Let's put a piece of garbage GPU embedded within the CPU so there's no room left for anymore cores! OMG!

And not to mention the best Sandy Bridge has done with cache is 8MB. I have 12MB on my socket 775 that's 2 generations old!
[/minirant]

joker
04-02-11, 05:54 PM
Breath JPM..... ;)

dan
04-02-11, 09:32 PM
I'm really disappointed with the Sandy Bridge line so far. Quad core is the best they can do? All the Q2 releases are going to be dual core. GRRRRR!

But the Q2 Xeon's will be 8 to 10 cores! What the hell is wrong with Intel...
Wait! I have a brilliant idea! Let's put a piece of garbage GPU embedded within the CPU so there's no room left for anymore cores! OMG!

And not to mention the best Sandy Bridge has done with cache is 8MB. I have 12MB on my socket 775 that's 2 generations old!
[/minirant]

I'm skipping Sandy Bridge and saving for Ivy Bridge, which will the 22 nm cpus, quad channel memory, 8 cores, low power requirements.

Mike029
04-03-11, 02:30 PM
I'm skipping Sandy Bridge and saving for Ivy Bridge, which will the 22 nm cpus, quad channel memory, 8 cores, low power requirements.

When is that supposed to be release? 2012?

John P. Myers
04-03-11, 03:42 PM
When is that supposed to be release? 2012?

"Intel has completed designing Ivy Bridge processors and is planning to showcase them during Computex Taiwan 2011 in June. However, the processors might not come out until 2012."

You know what this means? We get pics of sexy Asian women posted all over this forum in June! Wheeeeee!

DrPop
04-04-11, 12:53 AM
You know what this means? We get pics of sexy Asian women posted all over this forum in June! Wheeeeee!

I will sooooo be here for that, JPM. ;)