PDA

View Full Version : World Community Grid: Planned Maintenance on Saturday, January 6

RSS
01-04-18, 07:35 PM
We are updating the operating system on our servers on Saturday, January 6, beginning at 2:00 UTC.

More... (http://alt.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=548)

Mumps
01-04-18, 08:13 PM
Sounds like maybe fallout from the Intel Meltdown bug. :)

denim
01-10-18, 08:49 AM
I have some Intel stock and plan to grab some more, its a nice dividend stock. Their stock price wasn't hit too hard. Though, I wish I had some AMD at the time, as AMD jumped. Either way, with the crypto climate, I am investing a little in the companies who are benefiting from it.

purplecfh
01-10-18, 12:01 PM
I still have a couple hundred shares of amd from the $3 or less days, most of my Intel I was in for around $25, it's not low enough for me to bite, I have however been buyiing as much general electric as I can swing lately.

denim
01-15-18, 11:33 AM
I still have a couple hundred shares of amd from the $3 or less days, most of my Intel I was in for around $25, it's not low enough for me to bite, I have however been buyiing as much general electric as I can swing lately.

Interesting, going after GE even after the news lately with the cutting of dividends and the value drop?

purplecfh
01-15-18, 11:43 AM
It's a little gamble but I don't think GE will go anywhere anytime soon, and if the do I would assume Buffet, or 3G Capital would swallow it up with pleasure.

denim
01-16-18, 07:19 AM
It's a little gamble but I don't think GE will go anywhere anytime soon, and if the do I would assume Buffet, or 3G Capital would swallow it up with pleasure.

I am peppering in weekly, little by little, into Berkshire Class B. 12% return so far. :)

Mumps
01-16-18, 08:49 AM
I just about fell out of my chair when I checked on my 401K. Annualized return over all of last year was 27.9% Retirement is looking a lot more realistic if it jumps ahead like that for another year or five. :))

(My 401K earned more last year than I did...)

denim
01-17-18, 07:44 AM
I just about fell out of my chair when I checked on my 401K. Annualized return over all of last year was 27.9% Retirement is looking a lot more realistic if it jumps ahead like that for another year or five. :))

(My 401K earned more last year than I did...)

That's pretty damn good. It's a goal of mine, dividends and IRA return to out pace my income. :)

MindCrime
01-18-18, 07:11 PM

agreed, Buffet bought Precision Castparts because of their relationship with GE.

denim
01-23-18, 07:23 AM
I am seeing a 13.91% return on BRK.B. The only concern is how it will behave when Buffets replacements take over. How the company will proceed and how it will be perceived.

Al
01-23-18, 08:31 AM
You might want to take this discussion to a new thread.