PDA

View Full Version : GOOFY CPU - HUGE CREDITS

Bryan
02-24-18, 07:46 AM
When I say HUGE I mean HUGE.

They released a new Windows 64 bit app yesterday. It is 3X faster than Linux and 8-10X faster than the Win 32 bit app. They will be dropping credits after this batch of WU but there are currently 1M WU left in the batch!

If you have a machine that hasn't been attached -or- has zero WU cached then:

Make sure you have this command line in you cc_config file:

<no_alt_platform>1</no_alt_platform>

If you had to add it or change it from 0 to 1 then you need to stop/restart BOINC. Theoretically this will keep the project from giving you the 32 bit Windows app which is dog slow!

After adding/changing then you can attach to the project or resume it if you were already attached.

My machines are taking 3-5 minutes to process a 50 credit WU ... big big credits :D

Ron Shurtz
02-24-18, 01:01 PM
I did this configuration change, but all my machines were already running GOOGYCPU.
Therefore they all reset and have now reached their daily quota of 1 WU and will not receive new WUs. :mad:

I'm in wait mode until validation lets me have some.
It should be worth the wait since the 50 credit WUs were taking anywhere from 35 to 53 minutes depending on the CPU type. :D

scole of TSBT
02-25-18, 07:48 AM
Are they continuing to add new WUs?

Bryan
02-25-18, 07:52 AM
Are they continuing to add new WUs?

Yeah! Hopefully the new additions are still at the 50 credit level.

This is rapidly becoming my favorite project =))

Ron Shurtz
02-25-18, 11:36 AM
Yea! I'm now getting the 64 bit WUs.
WhooHoo!

Bryan
02-25-18, 02:38 PM
Yea! I'm now getting the 64 bit WUs.
WhooHoo!

Time to soar with the eagles :D

Our monopoly is about over, Ralfy has finally woken up. Vanos is increasing but he isn't hammering it yet.

Justgeo1
02-25-18, 05:45 PM
It looks like I'm getting the 64 bit WU's as well, and the points that go with them!

Bryan
02-25-18, 11:23 PM
It looks like I'm getting the 64 bit WU's as well, and the points that go with them!

Great!

Ralfy is really starting to spool em up. His updates are climbing on every one of them. 615k on the last one. He will finish 2nd in daily credit production. He did 305k yesterday and 2.7M (plus 1 more update) today. Since we've accomplished what we set out to do it doesn't matter of course. =))

We'll cross 39M on the next update. Dang guys, that is really impressive! The 2nd place team, our friends TSBT, has 8M credits.

EDIT: credits dropping a little - WU have gotten slightly longer.

Bryan
02-27-18, 09:17 AM
The run times have come back down so the credits are back to where they were 2 days ago :D

SUSA has crossed 52M!

Al
08-30-19, 04:18 PM
That's Goofy Grid NCI...... I thought you were talking about GG CPU........

Ugh, I don't run NCI.... GG CPU homepage is only showing the apache server "yes I'm running (http://cpu.goofyxgridathome.net/)" screen....
Yep, these additions to the thread got started under the wrong thread. I might move it later.